Bioshock Infinite's infinite space, bounded in a nutshell

To many people, except for Tom. And, again, the OP is standing up for a game he apparently hasn't played. And now 16 people have up voted his post.

You're saying he's lying and he actually loved it? How do you know?

And many people think Transformers movies are awesome. Games don't come pre-rated. Bioshock isn't a priori a 5 star game and BL2 is a 3. It's rated whatever the reviewer thinks it is, and he certainly backs up his opinion in the text, whether "many people" agree or not.

But there's plenty that's dumb about caring how many stars there are at the end of a review. He liked Borderlands 2 more than you did. So what? If you don't have the same taste in games, why should you expect him to agree with you about Bioshock?

So what? Does he need to have played Infinite to know Tom rated BL2 a 5? How do you know the people who upvoted the comment haven't played Infinite?

Er..ok. I don't think anything you said affects anything I said, or the original commenter said. He simply pointed out Tom's earlier review of BL2 is one that many people would find questionable. Judging by the upvotes, he was right, and people find that undermines Tom's credibility.

96 to 94, actually kind of a big difference out of the top games since they're all in the 90's. Still the highest rated game on metacritic right now, so not exactly hitting it too hard, but giving the highest rated game on metacritic a 60 is a little embarrassing.

You're saying Tom didn't like BL2 as much as he says he did?

Is that what "people" are looking for? Someone to simply confirm their previously-held opinions? Then why read a review at all?

I don't. The point of the original person's comment was simply to undermine Tom's credibility by saying "Hey, he loved this game that was pretty bad." And it looks like many people agree with him. No one is saying Tom is "wrong" or "lying" in that comment -- just that his reviews aren't indicative of what most people will enjoy.

You read reviews to hear credible opinions about games. The initial comment went to Tom's credibility.

No, I'm sure his BL2 review was honest. It was simply off the mark to many people who also played BL2, and therefore undermines his "credibility" in the future.

this review is a waste of time !!

Sorry, I was responding to GregRe, but your comment ninja'd in between.

Awww...and you were so close to being interesting, Gregg. Errr I mean, shiro amakusa (yes, I saw your quick edit!)

Huh? Is this directed at me?

you are a kid or a retarded because i know the normal people don't give to halo 4... 20 or a 60 to bioshock infinite please kid stop to put this on metacritic please or if you are an adult please go to the madhouse or to the hospital because you need medicine bro

On GreggRe's advice, I read that guy's comment. It was not the best thing I could have done, and it was plenty dumb. Last time I ever visit GreggRe's website OH WAIT

?? No idea what you're talking about.

Nice try, Tom. Or is this Tom's mom?