Black Friday is a whole goddamn season now-wallet battle damage thread

I haven’t bought any other video games but I bought a pile of Milwaukee Tools at Home Depot

Nice. Wish I could get my hands on those awesome tools but they don’t ship outside the US. What did ya get?

M18 Fuel drill and driver combo with “free” fuel jigsaw, m12 fuel circular saw and ripsaw. Couldn’t decide one system or other so a little of both

55’ TV + steamlink + motorized bed platform for tilt up. Gaming chairs, pfffft, gaming bed is the way.

Didn’t they stop selling steam links?

Have you considered installing an in-bed pooper? That way you can poop without having to scoot.

They did but I managed to find one, we’ll see if it actually works or was a scam lol.

If you have issues I suggest using a Nvidia Shield TV. It tends to work a bit better. Even if you don’t run a Nvidia GPU you can still stream PC games to a ShieldTV using Moonlight.

https://moonlight-stream.org/

I ended up with an Xbox Series X thanks to the All Access program. I picked it up at Best Buy last Wednesday then loaded up on some games that were on sale: Far Cry 6, Diablo 2. The series X is fantastic in 120 hz on an OLED.

Warning about Shield TV, if you have two monitors you are going to have a frustrating time. You can’t pick which monitor the shield TV loads the game from. This meant about half the time the Shield would load games on my primary monitor but render the secondary to the Shield TV. To fix this I had to unplug one of my monitors and replug it in until the ordering kinda fixed itself, but the next time I rebooted it would be borked again. I returned my shield tv due to this, as it was worthless as a streaming device for me.

Granted, the steam link was also broken, in that it would render at native 1440p (even though it downscaled the video to 1080p over the network), but it would restrict mouse movements to 1080p. That meant I literally couldn’t click on UI elements in a bunch of games.

I ended up just using a very long HDMI cable, though my gaming TV is in the same room as my PC.

Might as well keep using this thread for Winter Wallet Damage with the plethora of game sales going on.

Anyone pick up anything good? My cart on Steam has dozen or so things, not sure what I’ll end up with. I didn’t use my coupon on the EGS store yet either.

Did end up getting Watch Dogs Legion Gold Edition on Humble for less than $20.

They were practically giving them away at one point. I have 3 whole ones 1 in pieces…shrug.

Xbox:
Sekiro
Outer World two DLC

Epic Game Store:
Inscryption
Aquanox Deep Descent

Not too much damage so far, but I’m still eyeing a few more purchases on Steam (Silent Sector, There is no Game, etc) and Epic (Bonfire Peaks, Toem, etc), and maybe even Guardians of the Galaxy on Xbox.

I went a bit crazy

• Mass Effect Legendary Edition - $10 Steam (Amazon had a price error for about an hour apparently)
  • Monster Hunger Generations - $15 Switch (I probably shouldn’t but I’ve been obsessed with MHW and MHR that I figured why not)
  • RDR 2 - $10 Rockstar launcher
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete - $15 EGS
  • Detroit: Beyond Human - $10 EGS
  • Assassins Creed: Odyssey gold edition - $15 EGS

So $75 for 266+ hours of main story only gaming. Probably more than I’ll play in the next year or two with all the freebies but eh, I dont’ spend much money on gaming these days.

Oh crap, we’re counting purchases made for the Switch? That’s not fair! I spent waaaaaay too much on the Switch. It’s already one of the most expensive consoles ever for me other than the Xbox 360 I think.

Switch OLED: $340 w/tax
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild $44
Super Mario Odyssey $44
Super mario 3D all stars $55
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury $45
Mario Kart 8 deluxe $44
Astral Chain $27
Kirby Star Allies $27
New Super mario Bos U Deluxe $27
Golf Story - purchased with gold coins
Doki Doki Literature Club plus - purchased with gold coins + $2

Hey, not as bad as I thought all told. $655 dollars for a new console and 10 games. I take back the comment about it being the most expensive console after the 360. I’ve spent way more than this on the PS4 and Xbox One.

After seeing all them infomercials for Rosland Capital and buying gold coins, is gold worth less than they say? Or are these very expensive games?

:D

It’s Nintendo’s loyalty system. You buy games, you earn gold coins and platinum coins (or are they silver?) Anyway you use the gold coins to buy more games from their store, and you use the platinum (silver?) to buy cosmetic bullshit that you’ll never see.

I don’t know if you are aware, but it’s coupons. It’s unlimited coupons on things over 14.95 (in the US).

Oh hey, the coupon works with this one, five bucks! Yoink!

Add:

Steam:
Monolith + DLC - recommended by @Kolbex for being fun
There is no Game - recommended by various forum members
Silent Sector - recommended by @BrianRubin for being 2D space exploration/combat that’s fun with a controller

It’s very fun!