Blacklist

I have both season 7 and 8 now on the DVR, gotta find time to catch up.

Season 9 starts later this week, and like 30% of my DVR is Blacklist backlog.

Did they do a musical 200th episode like Supernatural? I would come back to the show to watch that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSd90nIJ1QE

I stopped watching around 4 years ago. Reading that article has no mention of his daughter/not his daughter. Did they kill her off?

I don’t know I stopped after season 7.

I always found her character to be a complete waste of screen time. I gave up after the third season when their first attempt to kill her off turned out to be a red herring. I wonder if the final 2 seasons, after the character truly “died”, are worth watching.

I was glad she left and continued to watch.

I don’t know that the last 2 seasons were any better but if not, it had nothing to do with her leaving which was a plus for me.

Thanks for the link. It provides so much odd details.

“The show hinted that Red was actually Liz’s biological mother, Katarina Rostova, who had facial reconstruction surgery to become Reddington.”

Seriously?

Exactly the moment I gave up on it, too. I have nothing against the actress, but that character was incredibly annoying and off-putting, up there with Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Negan and every role Michael Cera has ever played.

Maybe I’ll try to pick up this series again at the point after she’s gone.

Megan Boone was adequate in the role to start and actually developed as the show progressed, but the role was both a bad role and also an axle for every crappy aspect of Blacklist - the magic psychic memory shit, decades old secrets still of great value, moms turning into dads, cats and dogs living together, etc.

My wife kept with the show. We just saw the final episode and all I keep thinking is:

Maybe the real blacklist was the friends we made along the way.