Blazing Saddles - 70's Sitcom?

I just stumbled across this story and thought it was so bizarre I had to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmpFypaGkKE

Movie studios: we can’t make a move about/ starring X

Also movie studios: lets make 4 seasons of a show that will never air so we can maybe make a Blazing Saddles sequel

I winder how much this faux TV series cost them? I imagine they just consider it the same as paying for an option on some book that they might or might not turn into a movie.

Well, “Hats Off Entertainment” just debunked the most interesting part of the story; WB produced just a pilot, there are only rumors of some additional footage but hardly an additional episode or two.
You can read the whole info on their Youtube channel, here is an excerpt:
"…In true Mel Brooks fashion, it appears that the article I referenced in this video contained some fabricated quotes on the show’s production. This was brought to my attention after this video’s release. While Warner Brothers did produce this pilot as a way to hold onto the rights of Blazing Saddles, they did not produce a full four seasons worth of footage as initially reported. It is rumored that more episodes were produced that have never seen the light of day.*

Thanks for the info & welcome to the Qt3 community!
Hope you stick around, though I’d stay out of P&R initially as things can get a bit intense over there. Games, movies, tech & everything else is fun!

Thanks, Cormac!

Welcome. Also, nothing wrong with P&R. As long as it’s not your first stop in the forum (which it hasn’t been) and you are respectful, usually people will treat you the same.

Usually, it gets a bad wrap because of drive by posters that aren’t interested in what makes this forum tick (games/books/movies and Tom Chick’s signature role on the series West Wing!)