Blindsided and in freefall.

I must admit part of me was hoping she was going through a phase.

Time to move onward, difficult as it may be.

I got new news tonight. Not ready to talk about it. But it sucks more than anything else so far.

Hang in there dude, you’re a good guy.

I honestly didn’t think it could get any worse.

It does feel like when it rains it pours, as the saying goes. We’re here when you’re ready to talk, man. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear the big D is done. But more sorry to hear there is more news. Hang in there, Rich. I’m thinking of you and wishing you well. Talk here when you need to.

Just wanted to say I was thinking about you today, @RichVR. I hope you’re doing well, or as well as can be in these circumstances.

Likewise. It’s been a while.

How are things nowadays @RichVR ? Still unimaginable horror getting out of bed every morning or is life starting up again?

Bad news… :((((

OMG no!

My reaction exactly, though I expressed it in less polite terms. :(

Thank you Tom for the kind words. His name was Richard Vincent Romano. He was very proud of his Italian heritage. He did live a very interesting life and had many interesting stories to tell. I’ll have obituary links soon. Thank you all again for all of your support for him throughout the years.

I’d like to add . . . any news on Jeff. Rich would always keep me up to date on his condition and I’m interested in hearing of his progress.

Caryn

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Jeff is recovering from his lung transplant and we are following along here:

Hi! Wow time flies by fast. I’m up to a whopping 106 lbs since I had my feeding tube replaced. That’s the most weight I’ve gained (5 lbs) in as long as I can remember. I’m having some odd symptoms when I move, where I get very out of breath and my heart rate skyrockets to 180 bpm. Almost called an ambulance a few nights ago because I thought my heart was going to burn itself out. I have to wear a heart monitor for several weeks to try and figure out what’s going on.

They drastically changed my meds this past week so it may be related to that. Hard to say as there’s a million different things going on. What’s interesting is it’s the same thing that happened to me after I was in a coma for 3 weeks and came off the vent. Movement would often send my heart into the stratosphere. That was due to sudden O2 drops and deconditioning. I’m pretty sure it’s the same now. My O2 is so good at rest, that when I drop into the 80’s now I feel it soooo much more than I did before.

Shocking news.

Thank you, Caryn, for letting us know. Rich fit the encyclopedia definition of “a character” and was an awesome part of this community. He’ll be very missed.

Thank you Caryn for posting here. We’re sorry for your loss, even if your waters were troubled lately.

In such a difficult time, I’m incredibly touched by this, and having difficulty holding back tears. I just added an update there. I’m OK despite the challenges.

Thanks for letting us know, Caryn. Much appreciated. I’d like to read the obit, so thanks for offering to share it. Good luck!