Blood Zero...sweeeeeeet

Looking for something with just as much gore but FAR more substance than Crimsonland? I stumbled onto Blood Zero while looking for little pink men and I can honestly say with a straight face that it’s better than Crimsonland. Hell, it’s better than 90% of the ‘Pro’ games out there now.
It’s like three-quarters ‘Zelda’ with MUCH deeper RPG elements and weapon systems, oh and popped eyeballs and severed heads that can be used as weapons. Give it a try, the price is worth it.

And need more ‘River City Ransom’ in your life? Try ‘Zombie Smashers X’ on the same page, not as deep as BZ, but still fun.

I played it for five minutes and was still talking to people who were trying to explain to me the concept of ‘levels’. I’m sure it gets better later, but there should be a button that takes you right to the killing. I’m going back to Crimsonland until Cookiepants sends me a save file right in the middle of a bloodbath.

I’m sorry, I refuse to play any game with screenshots that appear to have been drawn on construction paper by a small “special” child:

Holy crap, that’s an actual screenshot from the game?

Actually I kind of like the South Park graphics. Just wish I could find the fighting parts.

Hey Cookie, who the hell needs 30 seconds to read “BLANK!” ?

Crypt you got that far?

You poor sod.

I think at that point you can hit the action or attack or whatever button to skip to the next bit of dialogue. It’s weird because during the intro it does that for you but in the game you have to do it yourself.

Hold the action button to speed past the words. But in the beggining it does take too damn long.

And I like the graphics, it’s just got this quality to it. Remember that cell shading looks sucky till you see it in action. Throw a head at a bad guy and then make your statements on it.

His previous game, Zombie Smashers X, was much cooler. It cut to the killing and skipped the psuedo-RPG stuff.

I think at that point you can hit the action or attack or whatever button to skip to the next bit of dialogue. It’s weird because during the intro it does that for you but in the game you have to do it yourself.[/quote]
Sigh.

So much work for so little killing.

And I don’t see no ninjas.

And I like the graphics, it’s just got this quality to it. Remember that cell shading looks sucky till you see it in action. Throw a head at a bad guy and then make your statements on it.

Quality isn’t quite the adjective I’d use to describe it. And are you trying to claim that those Paintbrush bitmaps are actually three-dimensional cell-shades, and consequently a deliberate aesthetic decision? A paper bag over either party’s head can make most girls fuckable, but this game requires a dual decapitation to be playable.

I think what he’s saying is that, like cel shading, the graphics in Blood Zero don’t look as good in screenshots as the do in motion.

Not that I agree, but I still think it looks cool.

I mean, for a free download.

That I don’t play.

Just to be crystal clear here Dr.: You’ve yet to play even a single second of the game correct?

No, I haven’t played the game. I think Jakub saw the screenshot and assumed it was on my personal server or something. But before you jump right into your gameplay vs. graphics, slobs vs. snobs schtick: I won’t watch a film through a miasma of static or read a book in Gothic Haettenschweiler Crayola either.

I don’t have a problem with simple graphics, or merely functional ones like in Nethack. I draw the line at graphics that make me wince. Why doesn’t this guy just stop spending the time drawing the sprites himself and replace them with miniature versions of the goatse.cx guy? It would have the same effect on the end user with nigh nill the work!

For what it is worth, I’ve played this guy’s River City Ransom rip-off, Zombie Smashers X. It was okay, except that I could just play River City Ransom for the same game, yet River City Ransom had better graphics 15 years ago. Also, bizarrely enough, zombies aren’t nearly as cool to pummel for coins and BARF!s as punk teenagers.

I usually like you Crypt but you’re being a dick with this one. I’m one for ‘substance over style’ and I gotta say that the game is deep enough to make you forget about the graphics, just like any good game no matter if the graphics are fantastic or shareware. And I really do enjoy playing the game, so I don’t see how the graphics, as long as everything is clear and recognizable, can effect your gaming in any way whatsoever.