Boardgaming in 2018!

Oooh, do report in how Who Goes There? is! I considered ordering it, but based on what I read the endgame sounded unfulfilling so I decided to rather order some other stuff (Indonesia, Founders of Gloomhaven and Dale of Merchants).

Even your cat thinks that’s excessive…

is perhaps s/he’s plotting to use those boxes her/himself lol.

If you stick to game-specific forums, you have likely found that there are thousands upon thousands of people out there who have no idea how to read or implement rules.

True, but it is also great for those weird rules, or when two cards may have a conflicting rules issue. Usually I’ve found someone has asked those weird questions.

Consimworld readers generally ask better questions, but the problem is you can’t find the answers.

Did the cat come with the games or the other way around?

Will do. I love The Thing, and bought both games this weekend.

@BloodyBattleBrain for sure. She is in shock.

@Infested_terran she and her brother are 3 years old and big worker placement fans.

boardgame%20cat%20is%20watching%20you

-Tom

Imma make that my avatar. Thanks.

I still don’t know how to mount a JPEG in-thread at Consimworld.

It’s new release time!

7wondersarmada

galactica pandemicrome

I really enjoy 7 wonders, no expansion experience yet. It looks like this one is getting a warm reception. Interesting and thank you.

Scorpius Freighter looks kind of cool, knowing nothing about it beyond its cover.

Yes, please. I liked The Thing well enough. It didn’t’ outstay it’s welcome, but the end game is pretty much a 50 50 shot. Curious to see if Who Goes There is the same.

pretty please may I make this my avatar?

The problem with Consimworld is that it is very unwelcoming to new users. Not only is the interface beyond outdated (as you state, it’s not very easy/user-friendly to find answers to previously asked questions), but the few times I’ve asked questions there, I’ve been made to feel as if I was intruding on a private conversation and should be quiet and/or go away. On BGG, though, I have never, not once, been met with any kind of hostility. In fact, people seem to go out of their way to be nice to new members (or new to a forum). I stick to a specific game’s forum, and the Wargames sub-domain, so that may or may not factor into it. Facebook is on a whole different level of unwieldy/unfriendly.

Tony

Do you have a waitlist for Keyforge Starter packs?

Fixed.

Now that’s an awesome avatar, because it’s actually your cat and not some meme you found on the internet!

-Tom