Boardgaming in 2018!

I totally relate to that. I feel like I overpaid for most of their games. But I got Blood Rage and Arcadia Quest for around $60 a pop and they felt like extremely worthwhile purchases and are currently among my most played games. It’s hard with CMON because their totally decked out approach is so satisfying when I love the game, moderately annoying when I just like it, and a travesty when I hate it.

Good article on twilight struggle in the wash post today

We got Everdell to the table yesterday. It is complex, beautiful, challenging and super fun!!!

Oooo! Never heard of it. Was this a kickstarter? Is it available at retail? How long does it take to play?

That tree is an amazing gaming component.

New Vital Lacerda, apparently not as heavy as his prior works:

Thanks for the link!

I was not aware Imperial Struggle is coming, hopefully it will be great!

Azul wins Spiel des Jahres for 2018, FWIW.

Yay digital Labyrinth from Playdek!!

PS I predicted this on my blog ™

Labyrinth…awesome…just never wanted to spend the time to read those AI charts. Hopefully they incorporate the expansion so we can play as the bad guys too.

Playdek are the same guys who did a shoddy job with Twilight Struggle on Steam and from the looks of it have now abandoned that game completely. Caveat Emptor.

Shoddy job? Game works perfectly for me. I’m curious as to what problems you’re having with the game.

Goes to show, you’re only as good as your last project! :P

I don’t own the game. My comment was based on threads from Steam where people are saying card mechanics have been broken for months and Playdek is nowhere to be found, i.e. their last update was in Jan '17. After looking at it further, the card bugs are with the Turn Zero DLC cards so that would not affect everyone. So feel free to ignore my concerns based solely on the Steam forums.

Yeah, this is a great announcement, and I’m looking forward to the games, but…

I was really hoping for Paths of Glory/Barbarossa to Berlin, or something. Definitely a step up in complexity from Twilight Struggle (and probably a giant leap downwards in potential sales). But a guy’s gotta dream.

I’m also kind of a fan of 1989, that shouldn’t be too hard once you’ve done Twilight Struggle. Although admittedly the scoring resolution subgame might make it kind of drag as an async thing.

OK, I found what look like some issues with the Playdek version on Steam. Can anyone confirm if these are really bugs? For only $10 I’m thinking of picking it up so I’m curious about these given that there has been no update in about 18 months. From Steam:

And one more, I found that when the result of UK 1945 is 6, the SUEZ CRISIS is still in effect.

@gweis_pd I just found one more: when the result of VE Day is 6, BLOCKADE event is still in effect.

Non-Aligned Movement should be 2 ops ,not 1 op

Apparently several language translations promised in the kickstarter were never done. Not a big deal for me but may be for others. I’m not trying to rain on the Playdek parade here, just curious if these are real issues or just smoke. I don’t see any of them as game breakers but I have yet to play the game.

Edit - Found a Steam guide on how to deal with quite a few bugs: Steam Community :: Guide :: Twilight Struggle bugs and issues, and how to work around them

Yep, not sure, and 20 minutes + per player.

From my friend’s experience, he told me his TS crashed every single time he launched the game. It happens to certain series of Radeon graphic cards from what he researched. On the other hand, game works great on his another potato laptop.

Wow, not sure how I missed Everdell on KS as that looks like one I’d immediately back. Great art!

I can’t confirm any of those bugs because none of them have ever happened to me. Turn Zero used to be buggy, but they fixed a lot of those bugs and the last time I played it, it worked fine. But that was a long time ago because I don’t like Turn Zero.

I would buy the game again at full price so half-price sounds even better.