Boardgaming in 2018!

OK, thanks. I have two new boardgames in transit right now so no time to play TS anyway. It’s on my wishlist to remind me to get it at some point.

I only had a great time with the app. It is beautiful, easy to use, more or less exactly what I want out of these games. Just my experience.

I hope this is not against the rules. If so I will delete this ASAP.

I am about to have a major adjustment to my living situation so I am looking to clear out some hobby stuff that I just will never have time for. So before I go to the usual places to sell off, PM me if anyone is interested in the following:

Legion of Steel (like Space Hulk)
Space Hulk 2nd ed (very much like Sapce Hulk :)
Warhammer Quest (the 90s one)
Dust Tactics
X-wing (lots and duplicates from the early waves/ original films)
Eye of Judgement booster packs (PS3 card game, unopened)
Marvel Dice Masters (first set, I think 3 gravity boxes worth including green goblin)
Krosmaster Arena (like a lot, it was my first KS and I went all in, I know it’s worth not that much now)
Descent Journey in the Dark with Road to Legend 1.0
The Others 7 Sins (like everything, and still in the shipping box…sigh)
Millennium Blades
Dungeon Saga the Dwarfs Kings Quest
Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn
Tanhauser
Doom 1st Ed
Starcraft Board game

An embarrassing number of these are brand new still in packaging. I’m not looking towards profit. I mostly need room and offsetting moving costs would be nice.

It’s none of my business or anything but I hope you’re okay.

There are several items on that list that I would be interested in, except space is also an issue for me and also I think international shipping would be involved. :/

Die Quacksalber von Quedlinburg won a prize as well. It looks very neat, apparently English coming in November.

2-4 players. 2.10 weight.

Quacksalber as in quack of salves. Looks cute. Will you be Hari Bari? Dr. Oz? Jennifer McArthy?

I tried Stuffed Fables this weekend. It’s Mice and Mystics with stuffed animals. There’s a little girl menaced by monsters under the bed. The protagonists are a brave bear, a bunny rabbit, a ragdoll, etc.

The rules are not very well-written. There are inconsistencies and I kept looking for some sort of errata or FAQ. Even in the forums people are scratching their heads and can’t figure out some wording.

It is very cute, but I’d prefer playing something like Root (vast with furries) when it comes out.

Having watched this played, Vital Lacerda not as heavy = HEAVY GAME from any other designer.

This is one of the reasons why I love this place. Thanks Mark.

There is a truckload of stress and lots going on. I myself am physically fine. But I am in a crunch and I can’t stomach tossing this stuff towards goodwill or waiting for auctions. But other life issues are demanding quick action.

Anyway, anybody need a Kenner Millenium Falcon, Droids A-Wing, or…you know a GI Joe USS Flagg complete with their fairly beat up boxes and memories of my childhood? I’m only sort of kidding. I’m hoping a local collector store won’t burn me too bad on those.

Good luck with finding a home for everything! I’m going to try and pare down my own game collection before our move to Kansas City. I’ll probably just try and trade and consolidate in a math trade on BGG though, if possible.

I’m still on the fence. Since I’d primarily play solo, I’m not sure the game would be worth it just for that - always a little wary of games that unlock a solo mode via stretch goals.

@Ironsight I’ll play off what @Brooski said. I’ve always found Playdek to do good work, and Twilight Struggle is no difference for me. I’ve played it on both my tablet and desktop with no issues, however I also have not played Turn Zero so can not comment on those.

However it is totally worth playing, and the base game is fantastic. I’d never played it before myself, but picked it up and played against the fine denizens here. Which is to say it’s not hard to track what’s going on. In many ways the interface is an improvement over the board game, which I have now had the opportunity to play face to face with Bruce now. It’s well organized, and the tracks are grouped together in a logical manner.

Give it a go, I doubt you regret it.

Thanks for the input @CraigM. Will be picking it up at some point. Right now its a case of too many game, too little time. :)

FLGS hosted a ‘paint and take’ painting seminar today. I grabbed what I am calling a Barbarian Executioner Berserker. Sung to the tune of Berserker from Clerks or “Immigrant song”. First time painting a miniature since circa 1981. I have zero talent for this stuff, so this came out better than I had hoped. Blackwashing makes a BIG difference! Hides a lot of the flaws. I couldn’t see em without a closeup picture but I can spot a few flaws that I would fix next time around. The red was supposed to be a beard, but it looks like blood from munching on a victim, and it spills into the helm =)

It looks like he tried to put on lipstick in an airplane lavatory while the airplane was making an emergency landing!

j/k! That looks great, @Kadath, especially considering it’s your first time since 1981. He’s got plenty of character. I would gladly move him two space and roll a d20 to attack an orc.

-Tom

Anyone get any plays in with Root? I hear it’s in backers’ hands now.

I got the base game and expansion, hope to get it to table on wednesday!

Thanks Tom! The good news is you can’t see the lipstick from less than 6 inches away, so at table top height he looks just fine. I went ahead and ordered a table lamp and magnifying glass and will see if I can make a dent in my own mini collection soon. I had reaper paint, a palette, decent brushes and other essentials ready to go. Based on my experience today the hardest thing for me to do with my unsteady hands is going to be detail work, so I bought a top rated 000 brush to see if that helps.

So before I go make a post at BGG and find out that no one there knows, either, I was wondering if any of our older boardgamers can help me try to remember a game. This would be the very first serious-ish wargame-ish thing I ever owned, purchased with allowance money when I was 14 or 15 or something.

OK. For starters, it came in a ziplock bag, but a big one, like magazine-sized. The most prominent feature inside the bag (and I guess doubling as the “cover” for the game) was its rulebook, which was about 20 pages or so. The cover of the rulebook was blue card-stock, and featured some artwork that young me thought was incredibly kickass because it included a zeppelin.

The game itself was like some alternate world thing, that we’d now call “steampunk” probably, because zeppelins. The main game though was counters on hex map with ground troops and navies. Combat was resolved on a fairly standard results table. The title completely eludes me now. I think it was something something about Empires and Sea, but I could be mistaken.

Also, this was not a major studio release–not SPI, not Yaquinto, not Avalon Hill, etc.

Anyone?

Not that I have any idea, but it might be helpful to know about what year this was?