Borderlands 2

This is a nicely done DLC, and timed out well since a friend and I had decided to go back through the game with new characters and had just gotten done withe everything we wanted to do. It’s a shame about BL3, but nice to have a good reason to spend a little more time with BL2 anyway.

Anyone got recommended builds or play tip articles? Gunzerkwr and Axton In particular

The Borderlands Forums have curated lists of popular builds from the community. Here are some quick links for those looking. Hope this helps @Kadath!

Gunzerker Build list
Assassin Build List
Mechromancer Build List
Siren Build List
Psycho Build List
Commando Build List

That’s a nice reference list, thanks Fozzle!

The new DLC is definitely challenging enough to warrant a look at some resources. It actually seems to scale to a level or two ABOVE where you are. I came in at 37 and was facing a lot of level 38 enemies right off the bat. It’s forced us to improve our level of play, which is always fun.

Gunzerker is basically the only viable class solo. Like Siren in BL1 is the only “good” class solo.

Neither of those statements match my experience.

Shweet thanks

You only see Gunzerker if you play endgame raid. At lower level other class is viable but at the highest level there is only one.

Which is kind of ridiculous, because after you sink hundreds of hours into a character, you would find out that fundamentally your chosen class isn’t good enough.

Oh. Well, I wouldn’t know about that. I actually didn’t think there was any class that could solo raids, I understood those to be 4 player only.

With the right build and equipment you can solo raid with Gunzerker. No need for exploit or cheese, just straightforward mano-a-mano gun fight.

Just restarted BL2 last week after doing the intro in 2016. Gunserker feels like easy mode, just hit LB when there’s trouble and stuff dies. And you get your ammo topped off.

I played most of BL2 as Axton with his turret, was fine playing solo.

So, I never beat BL 2. Anyone want to set up a few MP sessions to help me accomplish this goal?

In the end I found it considerably more difficult than BL1, which I soloed and completed with every character. I never got through the entire game once with any character. I hit roadblocks and gave up.

BIG PEEVE: The online codes for loot gave equipment that was considerably better than any drops, even boss drops. Broke the loot farming dynamic.

I probably can’t sync up multiplayer sessions, but I can provide moral support by starting the game at the same time and playing through it with you simultaneously. That way you can finish the game while I finish Act 1. :P

Okay, I redownloaded Borderlands 2. I have a 19th level mechromancer, and a few other lower leveled characters.

Let me know if you anyone is interested in playing a bit later today. I set up a discord channel for it in case anyone drops in and wants to join in.

I would be up for a scheduled thing in another week or two. Right now I have a guest and don’t have time to do coop. I’ve never gotten much further than meeting Tiny Tina and I’ve tried like four times but people keep flaking or deciding they don’t like the game.

I’ll have an 8th level character that I’ll leave clear for you.

Just curious what is Discord? So that’s like a server you setup on your machine so people who join it can voice chat? Why is that better than using in-game voice chat, for instance?

The benefit of discord isn’t the in game chat, at least not for borderlands, but that you can set up text rooms that don’t need to be limited to your friend list.

The main way I use it to ask if anyone is free to play or respond to people that are free to play. Because its real-time, like a chatroom, it makes setting things up on the fly a bit easier. Especially since I have it both on my phone and my PC.

So, if we have 2-3 in a game, someone can ask on Discord if there is room for a fourth or what we are playing.

It’s been really good for quick Comp Stomp RTS games.