Borderlands 3 - More cel-shaded loot

Fl4k. I’m playing him but thankfully that was what I was planning on playing first, so no more 8-minute movies for me!

I really feel sorry for the devs, you guys are so contradictory on what you want:

Let’s remember the insanely positive reviews that GTA IV got at release, and then three weeks later the EBs and GameStops were full of used copies.
I’m waiting for the general consensus which forms about a month from now.

I am waiting 6 months, no specific reason. ;)

Same Time Events Allow Me to buy as well.

So you’re saying trust the early reviews?

Watched a group stream this tonight and they were across the board… luke-warm?

They hated most of the dialogue. A common theme among them was “was it always this terrible or did I not notice because I was younger or something?”

They enjoyed the gameplay, but they very much didn’t like any of the characters or comedy. They just lamented it once again as I typed this: “I wonder if there will be any characters that are remotely interesting here?”

There were moments that they found painful to sit through. All 4 of them screaming about how terrible and cringe things were regarding the BBEGs and how they did not care.

The younger online crowd (made up of streamers, Redditors, Twitch chat, …) find everything"cringe" these days. You see that comment everywhere and it’s pretty much meaningless.

Can’t speak to character development in the game. But someone online telling me something is cringe tells me nothing.

These are all men in their 30’s or older.

And having had it on in the background for several hours, I tend to agree with them.

I don’t know it’s a shooter, shoot stuff, collect loot and shoot more stuff. It’s certainly not going to be high brow literature is it.

The games have a certain sense of humor, which they thought was missing the mark.

Though they also said it got better as they went on.

Seriously.
I tried one character, and then deiced to try another one, and had to wait 10 minutes for all those same intro cinematics again.

It’s on Xbox and Playstation. So, it’s available on other platforms

Only played an hour or so last night, though I may start a different character (and endure the opening cinematics again, yay!) because I’m not really digging Zane’s ability trees that much. But while I’d agree a lot of the humor is recycled and second-tier Borderlands boilerplate, it’s not that bad, so far. Zane’s lines are sometimes worth a chuckle, and haven’t made me barf. The NPCs vary, with Lilith being pretty anodyne and Ellie a bit too over the top, but by and large, I have been shooting and not cringing.

Besides, I’m usually focused on not dying and scrounging ammo, not on critiquing the dialog. I do too much critique and textual analysis stuff at work; at play, I want the boomstick.

FL4K is the bomb. I’m pretty happy with my first choice.

And right off the bat - my remapped ‘Use’ key [T] refuses to work. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Game runs smoothly, until you try look down a scope… youch!

It wasn’t unlocked early on Xbox when I went to bed last night

I’m still waiting to see actual reviews of the final release build of the game since all those early reviews were based on an early debug version of the game and weren’t allowed to mention certain things.

Some guys say that they are fast. I have yet to see a dude faster than bullets.