Borderlands 3 - More cel-shaded loot

Trying to match the wild builds on YouTube is kind of fun, but also frustrating. So many of them rely on very specific pieces of gear, and sometimes even on specific affixes and Annointments. I’ve been farming Traunt on Nekrotafeyo for Recursions, and have a couple, but neither are the most desirable shock/cryo, and neither has the very nice Spooling affix, which cuts down dramatically on the signature Maliwan spin up. I have to find some other farm spots, but often they are awkward to get to or my TTK is simply not good enough yet, even on Mayhem 1/TVHM.

I wonder what the interplay between the various types of difficulty and drop rates/quality is? Is TVHM + Mayhem 1 better than Normal + Mayhem 2, for example? Who knows?

My Moze has the best set up so far, with the Transformer and the class mod that gives you one HP and doubles your shields, a Maggie, a Recursion, and a Brainstormer. I’m running her as an infinite ammo/no reload build with Iron Bear as the go-to boss finisher; I have another legendary mod that I can swap in to extend Iron Bear’s duration if I am swift on the uptake. But I still can’t get through Circle/Cistern of Slaughter reliably, much less take on Wotan.

The later is a trip–its a raid boss that many YouTubers have developed builds to take down solo, some in just over one minute. It’s insane. I’ve been able to do the raid solo up to the time you hit the Valkyries, but that’s it, so that would be my goal, to do the whole Maliwan Takedown solo.

My FL4K build keeps oscillating between a Gammaburst and Fade build. Of the two, I think I like the Fade better.

It told me the first code was for any platform (it listed Steam and Epic and Xbox and PSN).

The second code it told me was Epic only.

Has anybody else tried the Macintosh build of Borderlands 3 & what did you experience?

I didn’t even realize it existed until i went to launch Phoenix Point and saw Borderlands listed as compatible in Epic Launcher. So I downloaded it. 68 GIGABYTES later I ran it & discovered a HORRIFYINGLY badly-optimized port. The game manages 15 FPS or so at lowest detail on a 16" MacBook Pro with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M. I mean I know Macs aren’t gaming machines & I can play on my PC, but holy shit this is SO BAD. Ports of previous versions were not nearly as terrible.

Diego

Were you trying to play at native res? The 5500M should offer roughly mobile GTX1060 performance which should handle 1080p at high quality no problem, if the port isn’t garbage of course.

I agree GTX1060 is roughly what I expected and nope!

I was playing at the panel’s half-resolution value of 1536x960.

Diego

Oof, that’s grim.

Indeed!

I’d since uninstalled it so not rushing to check (what with that 68GB download), but it’s maybe possible that the game bound itself to the on-board Intel 630 w/ 1536 MB. That thing might just exhibit this kind of miserable performance!

Vault Hunter holiday skin:

CSKJB-6B9BZ-5K696-RBTB3-6FCBS

First DLC today. Handsome Jackpot Cassino Heist or something like that. It’s actually quite good. Pretty extensive levels, some interesting characters, lots of bots to shoot. Playing on Mayhem 3/TVHM so getting things like -50% corrosive damage is funny when fighting armored bots. Tons of money. Went in with like two million, now have $18 million.

On the off chance anyone is playing this, if you’re interested in loot farming or what not I’m Lord_of_Poodles in game. I have Moze, Amara, and Fl4K at TVHM/level 50, and have been mostly farming stuff at Mayhem 3 or 4 with Amara lately using a Ricochet Witch build. I’m hampered though by not having a Spiritual Driver, but that has been a bear to get. It drops only from a unique mob in the Tanzandeer Ruins on Mayhem 4, or from Wotan. I can do the first, though it’s a slog to get there at first (after you do one run you can quit to menu and continue, resetting it from much closer though), but the drop rates are crap. I can’t solo Wotan yet, because…I need the Spiritual Driver. I can get to Wotan on my own, but only on lower difficulties.

So like 2 million copies…

So, is that good? Bad? Indifferent? Seems…good?

Those are fantastic numbers for a game rated 1 out of 5 stars. I’m proud of Gearbox for pulling this off. Hopefully the game will eventually eclipse the number of BL2 copies moved and BL4 will deliver even better.

The more I’ve played this game, the more I’ve come to appreciate a lot of what Gearbox did. Admittedly, at first, I was sort of meh about it, maybe 3 of 5, but it really has held up and it’s maybe the first of these type of games where end-game boss farming and build tweaking is actually fun.

They are gonna fix stuff!

Wow, skippable cutscenes are finally coming. Props to them for investing the hefty development time it must have taken to add that new feature.

Does this technically make Borderlands 3 the first next-gen title?? The tech behind that must be insane. Skipping cutscenes? At the push of a button? This is the future people imagined 2020 to be.

I think the level cap increase will take that crown for next gen development. They are adding 3 whole levels allowing you to add not one or two but a matching three points to the same ability tree. That’s just crazy talk and I’m hoping it doesn’t push the release time back too far.

Eli Roth? Yuck.

He’s only really made horror films, which I don’t enjoy, but the Borderlands movie certainly won’t be that. Should be outrageously violent and funny, if they do it right.