Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

Trump jr, who can’t find his head from a hole in the ground, is trying to tell you what to do:

Seriously Britain. Look at who you’re “advisors” are. Gah!

The yellow jackets are fairly close to being declared an extremist organisation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kirkkorner/status/1107959304668225541

They are funded by the Kochs and US far right/supremacist money. Bannon and co.

https://i.imgur.com/Zv0MhDw.jpg

And are overt Nazis. They are the brown shirted thugs of the Brexit movement.

29 of March is next week. Holy shit.

Usually spotted in an article defending Nazis, far right terrorists and Trump supporters as poor innocent little white angels forced to become nazis/run over women protestors/mosque shooting sprees because its only a natural reaction to it being difficult to get a job with supremacist facial tattoos.

The latest line from the Brexiters in the UK is “being told we were racist forced us to become racist”

Some interesting developments this morning.

May will request a short extension:

Junker says a decision unlikely at the summit
“As long as we don’t know what Britain could say yes to, we can’t reach a decision.”

EDIT: Clarified post with updated information

I’m hoping there will be no extension so we can put an end to this circus. It’s not like an additional three months will make any difference whatsoever given the state of the UK’s ‘leadership’.

Latest Make Me Smart podcast has the BBC’s Ros Atkins on to talk about Brexit. It’s mostly a primer for us Americans who may not know a whole lot about what it all means.

If you’d like to go deeper the BBC made an excellent series on the British/European relationship. It’s like 20 years old now so apologies for the potato quality but it has interviews with most of the key players.

Yeah. Realistically, is anything going to change if there’s an extension? The Brits have had 2 years and they still can’t agree on anything.

30 June it is. The Commission is already spinning furiously against it. Can’t blame them since the letter basically says we won’t hold European elections.

I feel some sympathy for May. She’s got some serious grit to stick to her guns in the face of such criticism. Although I guess you could argue that she’s doing so because she’s completely out of options. Delivering any kind of Brexit was always going to be a crushing and thankless task. She’s being attacked from all sides and I respect that she’s still publicly trying to uphold the referendum result.

So it sounds like new Brexit day will (most likely) be 22nd May.

Hey, here’s a selfish question: If we hold google stock earned here in the UK; and the pound tanks because of Brexit; but being a US company, would that stock suddenly buy us more pounds, or is that stock tied to the UK value? Looking for silver linings here…

That’s going to depend on how the stock award is calculated, surely.

Another instance of the UK leadership thinking “they surely don’t really mean it” regarding the EU’s clearly stated guidelines.

Well, May doesn’t actually want an extension (without having her deal passed), so I don’t think it does necessarily mean that.

Why put it after the EU elections if that will make sure it’s rejected, then?

Unless they want the extension rejected to bring things to a crazy finish.

My guess is that it’s part of the strategy to increase the pressure. May is trying to crush Parliament between no deal and no brexit in order to get them to pass her deal. Any increase in pressure is probably seen as positive.

Mission accomplished, then.

Good grief. How long can you keep kicking this can down the road?