Broken Forum vanished

Then try a sour. Just kidding.

https://m.popkey.co/f10519/v4rL7_s-200x150.gif

I’ll just throw in here that, while I like beer quite a bit, I imagine the single thing non-beer-drinkers hate hearing more than anything else is “You just need to find the right one.” Just like people who don’t like sports don’t want to hear “You just haven’t found the right sport for you yet.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

TyrionLannistercheers

I mostly appreciate beer on a really hot day. Nothing like an ice-cold bitter drink, very refreshing. Same reason I drink negronis primarily in the summer.

Correct. Beer is bad. I literally forced myself to develop a taste for it in college because it was too socially painful to be anti-beer, though.

Sparkling alcoholic water:

Alcoholic seltzer has been getting increasingly popular, but it still has the malt liquor aftertaste, same as many (all?) of the alcoholic sodas out there.

Since we’re sharing our love (or hate) relationships with beer…

When I was 5 my uncle gave me VB (Victoria Bitter), which is a terrible Australian beer that is extremely bitter, and that single-highhandedly put me off beer for 15+ years.

I started to drink it socially after work on fridays with colleagues in my early to mid 20s, which is pretty much written in the contract as a requirement in parts of Australia, and I really didn’t like it. I would struggle to finish one, but I was told a taste for it would slowly develop.

It took me maybe a month to change my mind. I liked whatever brand my colleagues were getting for me. Then I tried a different brand someone was drinking, and it was different. It occurred to me then that there are 1000s of beers in the world, and they all taste different. It blew my mind, a new aspect of existence had just revealed itself to me. At that moment I became a beer fan. I don’t have much of the stuff, only socially and only in gobs of 1-2 drinks at a time, but I love trying new brands and comparing them.

Occasionally, on the worst of days, I will be drinking a beer and my brain will ask me “why are we drinking this again?” but I figure that is just a bunch of rebel neurons that are artifacts of an older me (or younger me depending on how you look at it) that does not get it.

I like ales, pale ales especially. When I travel if I have not tried a local beer brand I get sad.

He gazed up at the enormous mug. Fifteen years it had taken him to learn what kind of taste was hidden beneath the dark froth. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving lager! Two ale-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved beer.

Poetic AF.

Keep yer MiniBeer propaganda to yourself

I heard that at Broken Forum they’re required to refer to beer as “rape juice.”

Why wouldn’t they? Not everybody shares your sense of beer entitlement

And now I’m on the “close this thread” bandwagon.

The Young Ones! I’m an Ade fan myself. I love the ad libbed bit where Ade goes to bite off a chunk of brick from a window and the rigged up device was a little over cooked, shall we say, and he responds like so: