Broken Forum vanished

That’s what a bunch of assholes are trying to redefine it to mean, yes. Mostly I wince because people using the term are almost exclusively assholes.

And yet, sometimes the least crazy of us are labelled SJW simple because we believe things like equal rights and pay for women. Also, having women live in a world were they aren’t oggled are harrassed for being women. Or simple standing up for women that happen to have a different opinion about video games then other people.

It’s not always women, but it feels that way. Because most people that throw around the term SJW are usually sexist. Not all of them. Just a lot of them. Maybe most of them.

Nah dude social justice is terrible and we should all fight against it

I’m gonna go with “basically all of them” with a slight caveat that some folks might not have been on the internet to get any oh the petabytes of context that make it obvious as fuck.

Well, you guys have done it. I’ve finally tired enough of the local drama to mute this thread about remote drama. Merry Christmas.

There are plenty of people with whom I generally agree on issues but find entirely insufferable and impossible to be around. I think that’s what he was talking about, so there’s no need to get caught up on an acronym.

This is exactly how I feel.

I don’t want to target people for minor things, but some things shouldn’t be tolerated, especially when we’ve seen what they can lead to.

Yeah- there are crazies on the left, but they’re the folks who think juche is a good thing and are regulars on Chapo Trap House.

SJW brings to mind people who fight for the right to be dragon-gendered, or that wearing a kimono is cultural misappropriation, even if the Japanese don’t mind it.

Gender equality, race equality, BLM - totally behind all of that.

escalted

It’s hard to imagine how a 9-beers-deep rant and airing of the grievances on Christmas Eve could go any other way. ;)

At any rate Merry Christmas all!

I remember you. You left a year after I signed up here.

So where did you go? Or are we better off not knowing?

I do not understand this reference.

Same to you! I just returned from my sister’s place, where the family usually gathers. For some reason, I always dread going, as I’m usually too tired after work, but when I get there, I have a really great time. There’s nothing like family.

Visited links turn purple on most browsers. Given that reddit (a social link sharing website) is almost entirely link text, if you’ve spent all day visiting all the links people have posted, the front page will be a sea of purple, and you will be very, very bored!

Thanks, Armando. I think I need to get out more, as the only times I’ve visited reddit, it was because I followed a link from here. I am easily confused, and couldn’t figure out how to navigate in there, although I admit I didn’t try very hard.

This forum is full of wonderful people and I think I’m a better person with more humanity because of that.

Merry Christmas.

Using SJW as a slur is the new “He’s a card-carrying member of the ACLU.”

No thanks.

Likewise! And remember Kris Kringle wants all us SJWs to fight the power!

Pretty soon we’ll be talking about ethics in gaming! heh, whatever.

Merry Christmas drunk man.

Is it time for the Feats of Strength now?