Bruce Willis has dementia?

Does anyone have any extra death? Anyone? Anyone with some death to spare? Because it turns out Bruce Willis and Black Summer star Jaime King don’t have any left.

-Tom

“Cake or death?”
“Ohh… Death please.”
“Ooh, sorry, we’re out of death.”

With apologies to Eddie Izzard.

Neither did he.

I checked out the trailer for this and in the opening seconds, Willis has a gun pulled on two people that are clearly not actually in the same physical space as him. I can’t unsee the terrible means these films/shows are using to get Willis in scenes now.

Also, a little later - not-Bruce Willis from behind:

When do we think he stopped trying? I mean this was back in 1995:

Die Hard with a Vengeance. :)

It’s like receiving a free minigame with each movie: spot the real Bruce Willis.

I’m assuming that every second of Willis footage was already shown in the trailer.

It occurs to me that action movie stars these days are expected to be a bit more… ripped af.

More’s the pity.

Armageddon 2 looking good

It’s from something called Cosmic Sin

Ha ha, you looked at a screen grab from Cosmic Sin!

-Tom

Recently watched what must have been one of the first films to mark his descent into easy money back-of-head roles, Surrogates, in preparation for this week’s HDTGM podcast*. It’s totally forgettable schlock, but he does actually have quite a bit of facing-the-camera screen time. Hilariously, though, he spends most of it wearing a really bad rug. But not the way he often did in the past, as he (sort of) plays two characters, one of whom doesn’t wear the wig. So he’s not fooling anyone. It just makes him look silly.

• Incidentally, until they played the trailer I couldn’t work out what the title was, because Paul’s pronunciation was so weird - it sounded like Sir Gits.

I feel like I’ve seen the whole film in 1 screenshot.

On the bright side, it can’t be as bad as Armageddon, surely?

Well, now you’ve stepped in it.

I should add “for me”. I just really can’t stand Michael Bay’s hodgepodge of confusing quickcuts and terrible action scenes. It’s all just annoying. At least low budget bad movies are more fun to make fun of.

One of the hilarious things about Cosmic Sin is that none of their power suits have faceplates. Which might have been explained in the movie. Something like, “Oh, look, we can breathe the air just fine!”. But all I remember is thinking they must have planned to digitally add glass faceplates in post, but they ran out of money.

At least Armageddon could afford faceplates. And those were practical effects!

-Tom

Look they only got 4 minutes and 8 seconds of Willis facetime footage; they can’t blow the investment by covering him up with cgi glass!

They had magic faceplates that popped in when necessary.

Presumably, this many they only need to digitally add them into like one scene.