BSG 36 - A Friend in Need... maybe

That’s not how the Force works!

Fishes out two copies of Iron Will…

Ok once I get through my morning work mail backlog I’ll dish things out.

Do you only start with 3 cards?

Yep, unless you’re going first, or are a Cylon Leader (only get 2)

That explains it. I was quite confused. I thought you started with your hand. Edited my draw based on that.

Edit: not your hand, your skill set

Does that mean you started your weekend game all wrong? :)

I think the number of things I did wrong during that game is too high to count.

I didn’t give up my role card. I thought the population lost from civvies was the number of people on the back, not the number of groups of people on the back. Everyone forgot their character abilities and weaknesses. I don’t even know what else but it was probably a lot more things I haven’t noticed yet.

To be fair if you were learning by reading our games, the starting with full hands was a thing I tried once or twice as a house rule here. It wasn’t great.

A little appetizer before the main dish?

Wow, I’ve been sitting on this for 4 months, then. And never updated to the rest of that game, one more TODO.
Anyway, I just finished and now present to you one such compilation, thanks to the Discourse API and a little server abuse. Part of the selection of posts was manual (helped by a fairly consistent Craig format after a while), but, really, either part of the process might’ve missed something. I know it’s missing the intros at least, as I want to cut the game parts from the intro before adding them.
No manual formatting whatsoever, other than some context added. It might need it, it might not. Thankfully, the links to images mostly still work fine.

“Raw” data is here, in case anyone wants to fiddle with it. Please don’t complain about the site, I never did anything with it. Other than hosting some hidden stuff for myself (ttrss, a wiki,…).

After approximately 1000 games, I still keep forgetting my character weaknesses.

Ha, very nice @Perky_Goth

Also, time flies / I am old / Never did finish that painting / Nor write that great american novel / figure of speech, not american.

looks at length of the file

Well now I know why I never did too.

Not that I would have anyhow. Interest and ability and all that

Thanks Perky! Will look through this later when I get a chance. I had forgotten all about the experiment where Craig asked us to write up our actions ourselves!

Also friggin hell has work blown up this morning. Will be after lunch.

This is cool! Thanks for doing it.

I found this and am slightly less confused.

The dynamic rules are good. Just remember we don’t use some of them and we added, uh, what did we add? Oh the negative crisis check Treachery flip.

Yep. I know we do some things differently, but I was finding it helpful for figuring out some of the expansion stuff like Demetrius and the Cylon fleet board.

It’s helpful but it misses some of the nuances of things. It’s a good general reference but it can lead you astray so it’s always to check against the official rules, the official errata, and the various random message board posts around the internet where one of the creators makes a clarification, and then the other message board posts where they change their mind.

Or this message board where we declared ‘frak it, we’re doing it this way instead’

Sorry guys, major incident to open the week. Should be closing it out soon and can get to the opening.