Buffy the Vampire Slayer

But will she have masculine name? Bob, the vampire slayer, perhaps?

Please don’t assume her gender.

Seasons 6 and 7 were just a dream.

Words of wisdom.

We apparently owe Dolly Parton a huge thanks

To be fair, when have we not owed Dolly Parton a huge thanks, just in general?

Also from that artice: “In fact, in a 2016 New York Times profile, Berman revealed that Parton once wrote her a check when she learned that ‘men at the company had given Ms. Berman a less-than-generous share of Buffy royalties.’”

But do Trekkers know the huge debt they owe to Lucille Ball?

And the world certainly owes Ray J something for giving us Kim and the Kardashians.

The Desilu name was pretty well known at the time as being a Lucille Ball company. I think the shocking thing here is that very few people ever knew Parton owned Sandollar.

As if my heart wasn’t big enough for Dolly Parton. She’s the best.

So for no particular reason I re-watched “Once More with Feeling” (aka the Buffy Musical Episode) tonight, and you know, almost 20 years on, it still holds up. It’s not just a gimmick one-off episode, it’s actually the dramatic payoff of the first half dozen episodes of Season 6, with all the singing and dancing taking a wrecking ball to every relationship on the show. And the songs themselves are in my personal sweet spot of rock-adjacent. Not every performer on the show can carry the vocal burden but hey auto-tune. Some of the cast, like Anthony Stewart Head and James Marsters, can in fact sing. And then there’s Amber Benson, who puts on a powerhouse vocal performance. And Whedon brought in the triple threat Hinton Battle to class up the production.

Probably my personal favorite single TV episode of all time. (Although TOS “Doomsday Machine” gives it a challenge.)

Anyhow, it’s Monday night and I’m watching musical Buffy. Life is good.

I don’t even like musicals and I love it.

Has best song ever, tie between mustard out and the ticket.

By pure accident, OMWF was the first full episode of Buffy I ever watched after stumbling across it while channel surfing as it first aired. I then went on to binge Buffy and Angel back in the Netflix disc days (plus buying a few seasons on sale at Best Buy).

Jane Espenson is on this week’s Judge John Hodgman.

A delight.

More news that Joss Whedon is kind of a dick:

The rumors for years surrounding Carpenter’s pregnancy and firing have all been pretty awful. Sadly, they look to be true.

Yeah, a bunch of tweets coming out from several people working there.

Well that’s fucking gross and sad :(