Bullets are no good in Cyberpunk 2077

Title Bullets are no good in Cyberpunk 2077
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games
When January 11, 2013

The new teaser for Cyberpunk 2077, a sci-fi game from the folks who made The Witcher, expands on the weirdly disturbing picture of a hot chick partly dismantled to reveal some wicked looking cyber impants. Wolverine's got nothing on this woman..

Read the full article

CD Projekt Red are still assembling the team for 2077 and this piece felt like a(n awesome) recruitment video.

Also, if you pause it at the right moment there's an announcement hidden away - 2077 is a way off, but there's an announcement coming February 5th about a new game that's much closer to release.

Witcher 3... maybe?

Soooo ready for more from projeckt red, these guys games are simply top notch..

Looks cool. I don't hear Radiohead. Coldplay-y, more like it. Maybe that's why I thought it sounded awful.

Ha, I loved the song! I would call it a rip-off of Radiohead's Jigsaw Falling into Place, from the In Rainbows album, but I think it predates In Rainbows.

Also, I freely grant that I have horrible taste in music.

Not too shabby. It's a shame a developer who has had two moderately successful RPGs like these guys have to recruit talent this way, though.

CD Projekt are effing amazing. There's nothing like The Witcher games. Nothing.

I, um, hate to admit this, but I'm failing at the "reading deeper" bit. Other than that the girl the cops were shooting at is really a cop.

What?

Aside from your odd definition of 'moderately', who's recruiting talent? And even if they were, what's wrong about "this way" (whatever way you're referring to)??

The game is about a paramilitary squad recruited from people who've gone mad from their cyber implants. The girl in question massacred a bunch of people and rather than being executed by the police was pressed into service. At the end, we see her about to start a mission with the squad, presumably listening to a song and thinking back to the massacre.

That's something you'd have to know beforehand. It's not at all obvious from the trailer, though it makes sense looking back.

Sounds like a cool premise. Plenty of room for the realistic shades-of-gray morality CD Projekt does so well.

Yep. As I said in the post, you might have to read up on the game. DC Projekt has released a few details, and they're included on the Youtube description, which is how I knew about the stuff about cyber implants driving people mad.

Anyone get a Blade Runner/Akira/Ghost in the Shell vibe from this? Funny now that I think of it.

Also there's a Wiki article about the PnP RPG : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...

Was it the same woman? I kind of get the idea that they are pushing it that way, but the only real link is the scar on her face, but the cyberpsycho's face didn't look damaged by that bullet.

Visually this was great, as is usually the case with Baginski. What a horrible choice of music though. The soundtrack completely killed what was otherwise a splendid cinematic for me.

I'm so ready for a Witcher with guns.

It absolutely leaves a mark! You can see it in the paused image for the video at the top of this post.

I was able to figure that out just from the trailer. Then again, I am a genius.

I didn't know this trailer would co-star Karl Urban. What a pleasant surprise.

I agree that it sounds similar to In Rainbows-era Radiohead and fit the video perfectly. I was reminded of Faust Arp myself, at least with regards to the vocals and perhaps the strings.

That was a tremendous teaser/flavour trailer though. Here's hoping that vision translates well, it sure got me excited. I loved the switch around after the title with the crazy cyber woman being enlisted.

And if liking Radiohead and... Led Zeppelin (you like Zeppelin right?) is 'horrible taste in music' then count me in.

Has anyone heard anything further on the release of this game? Sounds like they are using the same engine as the Witcher 3, which I’ve been replaying with great delight and has made me itch for more from these guys and gals.

Some rumors speak to a 2018 release, but that is just wild speculation. Also, CDPR has said the announcement of this is going to be a ‘surprise’ marketing campaign.