Bush: dementia

Remember that discussion of whether Bush’s moron act is intentional?

http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2004-2_archives/000369.html

Watch the video. I can’t believe that change is voluntary.

Edit: fixed link.

Of course it’s voluntary. When he’s talking only to Texas, he has to be on the ball. When he’s talking to the Other-49, he has to dumb it down a bit.

Just kidding, yeah, it’s weird how ten years has made such a difference.

i’m gonna have to go with the “overwhelmed” theory. when he was running for governor, there was a small-subset of problems that he could study up on and work on canned answers for. as president, there are so many possible questions that he gets overwhelmed and can’t effectively prepare for any of them. it also doesn’t help that he has to provide on-the-spot defenses against attacks from kerry.

I think part of it has to do with his attempting to weave too many catchphrases and buzzwords into practically every sentence. You can almost see him thinking about how to get to the next phrase of the day. Once he’s started in on a pre-canned phrase or sentence, he’s noticably more comfortable.

You try to speak coherently when you have some random aide reading you your words in real time. I bet you can’t make it sound even half as natural as Bush.

Yes, it’s impossible to speak “even half as natural as Bush” in such conditions. That’s why almost every politician and public speaker sounds much more coherent and intelligent than that man. Honestly, Tyrion.

Yes, it’s impossible to speak “even half as natural as Bush” in such conditions. That’s why almost every politician and public speaker sounds much more coherent and intelligent than that man. Honestly, Tyrion.[/quote]

I think you should get your joke detector looked at.

I chuckled, Tyrion.

I’ll float a theory that seems comparable in quality with the others, if not better…

Bush used to be a much happier man. Master of his own destiny, to an extent. He had some ideas for political guidance and change, and was able to carry these out. He thought of himself as doing good.

Around the time he met up with Cheney, he began to be overtly manipulated. Bush is not the man making the calls in this White House. At some level he knows this… he thinks its for the best. He can’t afford to offend the puppeteers anyway, it would be political suicide. So he plays along.

Does anyone stop to think about the possibility that he’s not a happy participant in the Neocon scheming? In Politics many sacrifices of integrity have to be made, but perhaps Bush has made too many. He feels out of control, heading in a direction he doesn’t like, a Misguided Puppet. Bush, is, after all, NOT a Neocon. He’s a Conservative.

So he disintegrates before our eyes, becomes aged, deteriorates. Manipulation has this effect, and Manipulation of this level of importance multiplies that effect.

Four more years of Bush would decay Bush.

Bush is a classic example of the Coopted Conservative. Perhaps, like Bush, the Conservative Position in America will disintegrate with four more years of Neocon Rule.

Yeah, that’s why he’s always going back and repeating things in the debates - he’s like a pez dispenser that Cheney & Co. fill up with cherry, orange, and lime at the beginning - as soon as someone asks for strawberry, he’s screwed… or if they ask for cherry and lime is on top.

I’ve had to turn it off for most of this political season.

“You’re voting for Bush? HAHAHAHA!!! Wait… you’re serious?”

“You think we should invade Iraq in order to stop the terrorists which come from Saudi Arabia & Egypt and are funded from Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, as well as a smattering of other non-Iraq nations? HAHAHAHA!!! Wait… you’re serious?”

"We should stay the course no matter what events happen on the ground. HAHAHA!!! Wait… "

etc.

Yes, it’s impossible to speak “even half as natural as Bush” in such conditions. That’s why almost every politician and public speaker sounds much more coherent and intelligent than that man. Honestly, Tyrion.[/quote]

I think you should get your joke detector looked at.

I chuckled, Tyrion.[/quote]

Hah hah hah ha-ah! :lol:

Jason, just what is in that link besides, well, more links?

I watched the video. It looked like the first clip was Bush giving his (prepared, rehearsed) closing statement in a debate.

The second clip showed him attempting to respond to a hard question when perhaps he didn’t have a good answer available to him. So what if he got flustered?

The two clips aren’t comparable, and the “expert” wasn’t very impressive.

I’m giving up on Salon after they got too aggressively anti-Bush, I’m still looking for some more balanced news. I used to like Salon because they ran Crossfire-style dueling articles on major points. Now there’s rarely if ever an article in support of the conservative viewpoint on Salon.