Buying World of Warcraft?

Just curious, might wanna set up some qt3 guild or something.

This might be the first modern MMORPG I play. I’ve eschewed them all after becoming so addicted to a MUD that I rearranged my life to play it as much as I could. I think I’m a bit more prepared to handle it now, but time is at a real premium for me.

Eventually. I’m beginning to wonder if I haven’t had my fill of the game already, though.

giev beta key? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

A QT3 guild could be cool. I really enjoyed playing Planetside with the QT3 group. I resubbed to PS a couple months ago, and it wasn’t at all the same without the crew there (a couple folks were still on, but not nearly as many).

That’s what I like about WoW. As long as you avoid instances, most of the game is set up so that if you want to play a half hour and log, you can. If you need to log out, you can. For the most part there is very little punishment.

That being said, I’ll be buying it. If the game is still fun at level 43 for me, which it is, then chances are it’s a winner. It’s the furthest I’ve gone in any MMO without getting tired of it, and I still log on and have genuine fun all the time.

My first instinct was to go with EQ2, but my machine is not uber enough I think (1.4ghz, 384meg RAM, GeForce3), so I will likely go the WoW route. Unfortunately, I have no beta’ed either so I cannot be sure if I will enjoy them :wink:

No because of the forced servers problem. I’d like to play but I cannot.

Already bought it.

I am buying one for everyone on my street.

I am going to sleep with my personal copy of WoW… forget puppet sex, wait until you see Collector’s Edition sex.

That’s nice - you’re a dumbarse for creating a pointless dupe thread though.

It’s not a duplicate thread that I added… it is a thread with “umph!”[size=1]TM[/size]

It’s not a duplicate thread that I added… it is a thread with “umph!”[size=1]TM[/size][/quote]

And if you keep this up, I won’t be strangling you - I’ll just be giving you a neck massage with “umph!”[size=1]TM[/size]

Look DrDickhead, there was no reason to make it, I hope Tom or Mark locks it. Umph or no, it was pointless.

I’ll be playing, but I have prior arrangements with friends. Hopefully I’ll be able to convince them to get on the same server.

The next question: We all want PvP? Right? RIGHT?!?

I’m still not sure about this game, and it’s the PvP aspect that will ultimately decide it for me. Are there PvP similarities or contrasts that can be made to daoc? I’m not in the beta, and haven’t been able to get a good feel for what they’re creating…

So far there’s no structured PvP at all. There’s no reason to PvP, no rewards for PvP, no RvR, and no battlegrounds. It doesn’t remotely compare to daoc at all; daoc actually has a real PvP/RvR game going, WoW just lets you kill people of the other realm.

Yeah, what they have now is pretty meager. What they are planning sounds interesting though:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/pvp-article.shtml

It seems unlikely they’ll have much more than a rudimentary honor system for retail, so if it’s important, you might want to wait and see if they live up to their promises.

Yeah, just like they locked five out of the six redundant Doom 3 threads. Oh, wait, no they didn’t.

Re WoW, I’m considering it, but I want to see what people have to say about the finished product. And at that point I may not even feel like putting in MMO-type hours into gaming.

Is the PvP going to be server-wide, or are there safe zones, etc?