Call of Duty: Black Ops III is like that guy who insists on telling you about a dream he had

Title Call of Duty: Black Ops III is like that guy who insists on telling you about a dream he had
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game reviews
When November 9, 2015

"I don't know what the hell is going on," someone says in Call of Duty: Black Ops III. You said it, brother. You and me both. That's about the only line of dialogue that makes sense in the whole game..

Read the full article

The campaign feels like a terrifying preview into how the Americanized Ghost in the Shell live action movie will probably turn out.

Tom, did you ever play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger? That's a shooter with a pretty ace score chase mode.

I did, yes! And I quite liked it. I'm glad you brought it up, as it absolutely belongs in the category of shooters that keep you coming back to chase a score. I don't remember the story ever getting in the way, either. Wasn't it mainly told in a pre-level cutscene, with maybe voiceover during the level?

Typo: "And Call of Duty: Black Ops III actually even a bad game."

FUK U CHIKK! YOUR' JUST JEAULOUS OF MY DREAMS!

-[TCHKFAGT] Z-Bone, Rank 88

Attacking the ground? Pff, now they're ripping off Ultima III.

http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wi...

Small point:
Anton Chekhov was a Russian playwright.
Mr. Chekov was a character in Star Trek.

"If you're going to arm a photon torpedo in the first act, you've got to have it fired at the Bird of Prey in the third."

Unfortunately, you have to be online to use the bots.

Z-Bone! Maybe not the fanboi we need, but definitely the one we deserve!

While Gunslinger was quite light on gameplay-interrupting story stuff in general (aside from that one time where nothing happens for a minute because the narrator had to take a bathroom break), most of the serious score-chasing was relegated to a seperate gamemode, which was basically the story levels with all the gating and the bossfights taken out. I think it's also the only game I ever managed to get all gold medals (or whatever its equivalent was) in.

In my head Z-Bone's voice sounds like all of the Asian characters in every Opsis you've done.

Only 14 comments and only one of them (half-of-one, really) calling you an untalented troll-hack? It seems you've lost your touch for reviews of triple-A titles, Tom.

Why do people keep buying this crap.

Because of the dumb press who always give perfect scores to these copy-paste COD mess, treyarch, Activision, are making 1.5-2 billions, with every single cod game, once not year.

I understand that an American gamer might need his fix of another *John, Steve, jocker, 3 powerful US soldiers who must save the planet for the 44th time* COD game,
But after XX games that always look and play the same, with homing *every weapon*, so even a 9yo kid can kill the baddies and finish the missions, with poor graphics, awful story (had to stop playing GHOSTS after 2 hour, that Kevin spacey boss just made me puck..), same animations, same everything,
Isn't it time to play a different game?

And I am sure, despite the multiple billions they make each year, since 200x, they still haven't spent a few millions on a true new engine, and are still using the same old engine, because it is cheap and can 'load' all the old animations, textures, assets.

@author,

Thank you for not being another sponsored website who must give COD a 9.5 or 10/10 score.
Fantastic review. That's exactly what I think, and te score is exactly what all the COD games deserve.

You did not get bribe money again; this is your rating.

There is nothing to tell about; this is your review.

no you dont its in local play as well

Nope. Unplug your PC from the internet and try. You can't even get any options to play other than the campaign and the freerun parkour course. Bot matches are not allowed without being connected to Activision's server.

oh ur talking about pc, isnt every pc game online only