Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Infinite infinite

Activision hasn’t officially announced it yet, but there are enough leaks now (including a live tab for the game in the PS4 PlayStation Store) that I think we can put a pin in this and call it good.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is the next installment of the franchise. The eagle-eyed will note the splash text on the retailer marketing image for the Legacy Edition. “Also includes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.”

A remastered Modern Warfare? Hmmm, could be a good excuse to go back and replay that. Including the multiplayer. Those were good times. What a great game.

I was kind of hoping the MW games would be available by back compat on the Bone personally (I think that’s how the kids say it these days) since remastering all these old games seems like a waste of resources that could be used for new games. But I guess I’ll take it. So anyway this one sounds like total sci-fi Call of Duty from what I’m reading around the internet? Like spaceships and ray guns? I’m in!

That’s the speculation. Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 were pretty much pure sci-fi anyway.

Better image from Canada:

Shit they already missed the release date. ;-)

-Todd

Ha, that always trips me up. I am kind of keen on playing Space Modern Warfare. I guess the bad guys will be space Russians?

Teaser stuff has started showing up in the NUK3TOWN map for Black Ops 3.

The spaceship flying overhead at the end of the match is new.

Oh wow, a partially silhouetted special forces soldier fully kitted out and walking towards the the camera. On the cover if a military FPS. Colour me surprised. So original. So edgy.

This little video bit was added to NUK3TOWN overnight. It’s also on the CoD YouTube channel. Note the new logo on the channel!

Call me crazy, but that looks and sounds like Peter Weller.

Official trailer

Watched 1 minute.

It looks and sounds terrible, so I guess it will hit a new sales record.

They’re fighting the “Settlement Defence Fund”. SDF? Why does that sound familiar? I think that was in one of the Call of Duty games previously?

That glimpse of Modern Warfare remastered looks pretty nice.

Japan has the Self Defense Force.

They also have the Macross Super Dimension Fortress

Imagine an modern AAA Macross game! Much more potential than normal CoD!

I’m sure you’re being sarcastic, but that’s kinda CoD’s thing and they did it way the hell back. If CoD and BF didn’t do that on their cover people would freak out.

From the trailer, it appears as if wall-running and boost jumping is out this time around. At least as a general thing. There may be some limited use in a level or two of the campaign, but I saw mostly regular military gear on soldiers.

Ah, so it’s Titanfall: The Single Player Campaign.

That was Advanced Warfare which had all the super-suit movement. This looks a lot more like generic space invasion #428 since you don’t have the exo-suits throughout.

Some pics: