Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 2019's soft reboot of CoD

No, it’s the new “Spec Ops” mode (the best CoD co-op mode).

Yeah, it’s zombies.

It’s just you aren’t fighting literal zombies… But it’s the same thing.

Yeah. This is a shit move. Everyone but PS4 gets the clearly inferior version.

Does everyone else get like a 25% discount? LOL

So any game you fight AI is like fighting zombies? I don’t even know how to respond to such a shit take.

No. Zombies modes features inscrutable level progression rules that require coordination and knowing a bunch of hidden riddle bullshit. It also has a ton more melee action. This is not that.

It would be like saying Borderlands 3 and Destiny are the same because you fight on other planets, shoot stuff, and collect loot guns.

It sounds like it’s just a swarm survival mode, which is why i likened it to zombies.

In fairness, the reality is that tons of people actually love the zombies mode, so my not caring isn’t really fair for many. I just ordinary never gave a crap about zombies in cod… Or really, the campaign much either. They were always just a short diversions before getting into the multiplayer, for me.

Fair enough, if it turns out to be a swarm mode then, sure, I can see your point. But it’s still not the same, as Telefrog points out above. And as someone who loved the spec ops mode in MW2, and was looking forward to the new spec ops mode, this is a real slap in the face.

Edit: I also say this as someone who hates the Zombie modes in all the CoDs. I mean, I even bought BLOPS4 without it.

I honestly don’t even remember that mode, but it was ages ago. I’ll have to see if i can’t find more information, because it sounded like this mode was just swarm mode, with “missions”, but it looked like the missions were just cleaning waves of enemies.

Spec Ops co-op will be available to everyone but the specific Survival version is exclusive to PS4.

In fairness, it’s gotta be tough to be the person who has to communicate with hordes of fans about corporate-level decisions that piss people off, but over which the communicator has zero control.

Why does that looks so washed out?

EA always seems to get slammed the most but seriously fuck Activision. To me they are by far the biggest asshole publisher in gaming by a mile. Fuck off and die Bobby Kotick.

How similar is this supposed to be to the one it’s based on? Kind of seems after returning to WWII last game a remake is even less imaginative.

The Tienanmen Square DLC only has easy mode because driving over unarmed students isnt difficult at all.

It’s an entirely new story. It’s a reboot, not a remake.

Oh really? I missed that. Interesting to see how it turns out then.

Bunch of redditors are saying that Modern Warfare is bricking their Xbox Ones, and Infinity Ward has posted something on the r/ModernWarfare