Call of Duty: WW2 - 2017 Sledgehammer's return to CoD "roots"

Yeah, but that’s in the beach HQ/Hub area in the game. Not in a multiplayer map, I don’t think. It’s when you’re out of combat and just chilling in the multiplayer hub area. I guess kind of like the Hub areas in Destiny.

This is the most boring D-Day beach assault ever.

One of my first multiplayer daily challenges? Go watch three other players open their loot crates.

I’ve liberated that beach so many times and they just can’t keep hold of it. As far as I’m concerned, Jerry can have it.

Impressive! They really want to rub it in players faces, to go buy some crates.

Yikes, I was kind of intrigued about this one after reading a preview in Edge magazine but the Steam reviews are looking dismal and nobody here seems to care about this one at all.

RPS thought the SP campaign wasn’t bad.

So its like the Frozen yogurt of SP campaigns. (Good Place Reference).

I was REALLY looking forward to this game, as I really have enjoyed some of the single player campaigns in previous COD’s, but after reading a few reviews, I’m kind of out down by how hard it seems to be. I don’t want to be struggling through this.
Went from wanting to pre-order it to maybe pick it up at a sale.
But I’ll have to check out some gameplay before I make up my mind.

If this leads to Battlefield 2:WW2, I hope it does well.

The MP here reminds me of why I hate modern AAA MP game modes: I start out with vanilla items and everybody else I’m matched with have better weapons, attachments and perks and whatnot. Why can’t there be a team deathmatch (or similar) where everybody start out with equal/balanced weapons and equipment?

As for the SP, I was hoping for a more grounded experience as they promised (boots on the ground and all that), but it’s the same as it’s always been. Kill 1000s of enemies and mow down dozens of vehicles and planes. And that’s just in one mission. Also, QTEs? Fuck that shit.

I love how the TV commercial / trailer ends with the Garand clip sound. A subliminal message for old WW2 gaming fans.

Just tried renting this from RedBox and the 53 Mb install failed. Why do we have to do full installs again? Guess I’m skipping this one. Piece of shit.

NPD is reporting 4.4 million retail sales for launch month. That’s about double Infinite Warfare’s launch last year.

Their marketing campaign was wonderful, just that ad about getting the gang back together. I figured that was going to move some units.

The co-founders of Sledgehammer and the game directors of CoD:WW2 have left the company.

Following the incredible success of Call of Duty: WWII, Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey have decided to transition from their duties at Sledgehammer Games to new executive duties inside Activision. We thank Glen and Michael for their tremendous body of work on Call of Duty and look forward to continuing to collaborate with them in their new roles. These changes have created an opportunity to elevate one of the key leaders at the studio, Aaron Halon, to lead Sledgehammer Games. Aaron is a founding member of Sledgehammer Games and the natural fit to lead the team. He has over 20 years of industry experience and has played an instrumental role throughout the studio’s history. We congratulate Aaron and are thrilled about the future of Sledgehammer Games, which we believe has even bigger days ahead.

Well, they “left the company” as in they moved up in the hierarchy to report directly to Activision instead of an Activision subsidiary.

It’s goddamn impossible to find the right thread for multi-game series with generic names. However COD WWII is on sale right now for $20 on Steam, which is lower than I’ve seen it. I wouldn’t mind a straightforward SP shooter right now… but I see Halo 2 is coming to Gamepass in a week or so :)