Car chase

Everybody loves a good car chase, right?

Here you see how Dutch cops do it. If the block of text doesn’t translate, watch the video then unblur the spoiler: The cops give up the chase because the situation becomes too dangerous. They have a solid bead on who’s driving so they get permission from the DA(?) to arrest him post-hoc.

Something something and this is why the Dutch never won a world war.

They had a solid ID on the perp. It was no longer neccesary to endanger everybody chasing the fucker down. It’s why people die of old age in our country instead of bullets in a schoolyard like in Amerikkka :p

Maybe so, but in order to reach that point you exported a whole a lot of your undesirables to America and made them my problem. Seriously, I live in one of the few counties in the US where the majority of people are of Dutch heritage.

Wait, do you weirdos actually give your cops training instead of a gun, a badge, and a $10 gift card to Dunkin’ after showing up for orientation?

And those Dutch were largely the religious troublemakers!

I say this as my wife is very Dutch and from another Dutch pocket in the Chicago suburbs.

Yep, that’s apparently how you end up with 5 reformed churches within a few blocks of one another.

Ah yes, the Dutch/CRC community. I know them well.

Passenger side cop was very calm. I didn’t understand the conversation but took it as something like:
“We turned right again.”
“We turned right yet again.”
“Did I mention a right? Another right then.”
“Yes he’s turning on country road #59.”
“The leaves are changing already, Jesus. I haven’t even figured out what we’re doing for Halloween.”
“We are still in pursuit. They finished the new IKEA over here it looks like.”
“We could use some apple pastries and coffee, Bart. Meet you at the diner in 15 min.”
“Suspect now on the highway, I think this next exit is close to the diner.”
“Breaking pursuit.”

Man, I remember – 40 years ago – visiting Holland and seeing the Dutch highway patrol guys flying down the highway (or lying in wait along the side of the road) in their police Porsches (911s, I think?) Glad that things are a bit more sane nowadays!

“The new Oldsmobiles are out early this year.”

“Oh shit.”

“What?”

“Rollers.”

“No.”

“Yeah.”

“Oh shit.”

He was keeping dispatch updated on where they were going. His calm demeanor is amazing.

The driver was amazing as well. Not gonna lie, it was like a professional driver for sure.

I felt like I was playing Forza.

They don’t do roadblocks, eh?

Which apparantly wasn’t the case earlier when they blasted through a residential area at high speeds… !?!

Still, nice driving for sure!

I know the wisdom of high speed chases has been debated locally here in Dallas-FW, and I believe some cities now have policies to cease chases as was done in this video. Or track with a helo. Or use other units to block the other car. Lots of options.

This driver was good, but they were clocking 150mph plus and going fast in crowded areas. Once mistake by the police or the culprit and people could have gotten hurt.

And likely governed to 155mph as many EU countries do, or it would have been faster.

I’m reminded of this chase in Houston from about 5 years ago, where the whole thing was broadcast via news helicopter. The news crew is constantly commenting about speeds “in excess of 100 miles per hour,” but in subsequent articles it was revealed he was averaging 150 and in some open areas crossed over 200 mph. He left the police cruisers miles behind, and toward the end, even the helicopter couldn’t keep up. Fortunately, the guy ran out of fuel.