Carcassone - Perhaps Next Week?

That’s correct.

That’s correct. Wikipedia has a nice scoring summary.

Farms are scored differently with US scoring or the default International scoring, I believe.

Hm. Interesting; according to the Wikipedia entry, my description is not accurate. I’m guessing that I’m used to US scoring.

I heard they added another expansion to Carcassone.

My 360 still being repaired, so I can’t test it, but it sounds like a dubious expansion to me.

Apparently it adds a few new city pieces to the tiles, and it also gives the titles for the person who has the biggest city and longest road. And that person gets an additional point for each completed city or completed road, respectively.

This could be good. But in my experience, the person with the biggest city is usually the winner anyway, so this probably won’t change too much. The longest road often goes to someone who doesn’t win, but if the winner has biggest city, the gains he makes there will make up for any gains a losing player makes by having longest road perhaps.

Though this does give incentive to completely lots and lots of roads if you’re confident you’re going to get the longest road. Hmmm. Could be interesting.

So are they going to release all the Carcassonne expansions? If so, I wonder if they’ll do a xbla ‘Big Box’, sorta like the one that came out a few months after I had finished purchasing all the carcassonne board game expansions.

I want the Builders and Traders expansion. In my games whoever builds the most farms (I use the International scoring for farms and US scoring for cities) wins. I didn’t get the river expansion because I never liked it in the board game, I may try this one though.