Catch me up on the last 7 years of PC gaming.

Let’s see looks at steam library

FTL
Battle Brothers
Playerunknown’ Batlegrounds
Rimworld
Stellaris (altho you should wait for the next patch)

I honestly thought you were referring to Illwinter’s pending science fiction game. But I think that is on planets, not in space.

I’m also not sure it’s really pending.

Covering my ears. I can’t hear you.

Minecraft?

The quarterlies / game of the year threads for prior years would be a good place to look too.

Modded. FTB has multiple mods depending on your mood.

The rest here are awesome. Fallout 4, Stardew Valley, Witcher 3, so many titles.

Narrow it down for us, Guap.

I asked him what he liked, never got an answer.

Sure he did.

Almost every genre. Including Combat Mission and Peggle. We have something to go on!

Thaaaaaaaat isn’t an answer, it’s handwavium.

The last 7 years have seen quite a lot of games come out in the Combat Mission genre - including all of the new ‘Combat Mission 2’ engine games which are (in order of release):

• Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy - Normandy/Early Western Front
  • Combat Mission: Fortress Italy - Italy/Southern Front
  • Combat Mission: Red Thunder: - Russia/Late Eastern Front
  • Combat Mission: Black Sea: Modern Day Ukraine gone hot hypothetical
  • Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg - Late Western Front.

There are also the Graviteam games:

• Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star - Eastern Front/Kursk
  • Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front - Basically Operation Star 2.
  • Tank Warfare: Tunisia 1943 - Mius Front in the Desert.

The last 7 years have also seen the following games released in the Peggle genre:

• Peggle 2.

I can only recommend RPGs.

• Underrail
  • Undertale
  • The Witcher 2 & 3
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Star Wolves 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • ELEX
  • Age of Decadence

That image is awesome LOL. Btw, how do I quote just a picture?

Quote in Discourse? I don’t think you can, but I could be wrong. Otherwise right click, view image, then copy the image url.

For exclusive PC Games here’s a few standouts. There are more worthy ones but I’ll start small.

• Subnautica
  • Rimworld
  • Warhammer Total War 1 & 2
  • Transport Fever
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Planetbase
  • Battle Brothers
  • The Forest
  • Planet Coaster if you don’t want a management heavy RCT game
  • Sunless Sea

Terraria is the best bang for your buck, coop, awesome, huge amounts of content, and a large modding community.

Factorio is the ultimate resource management game, in my opinion. if you like transport tycoon or sim city, it will keep you entertained for many hours, and has a really excellent modding community

The Witcher 3 is the best modern rpg, in my opinion. It’s really well written, the story is quite good, and the quests feel real and alive. The whole world is fun to explore, and combat is simple but fluid. There are also mods to improve the “balance” of the game.

I think Osu! is the best rhythm / score chasing game around. a lot of japanese music, but there is a massive community who makes and releases tons of songs that are scored and moderated. The actual gameplay is fantastic and is very fluid to me.

Counter Strike GO is the best PC shooter consistently, for me. The gameplay is very fast paced and rewards tactics and strategy just as heavily as aim and movement. The maps are well designed, and the gemplay has been perfected for a long time… The community on ranked mode is pretty good, especially if you have a friend or two, really great game.