Chadwick Boseman dies at 43 *Wakanda Forever*

Wow, that is brutal. I don’t believe I’ve seen any of his movies, maybe I’ll check out one Black Panther.

Fuck. For some reason this hit me harder than many of the other celebrity deaths lately. He’s exactly my age and looked so vital and vigorous. Sad beyond words. You made yourself a legend brother.

Damn.

Too soon. RIP.

His role in Da 5 Bloods was unusual but I thought quite good. And I loved his Black Panther in Civil War and his own movie. Just was talking tonight with a friend about these beloved Marvel roles inevitably passing on. Sorry to read this.

That came up on my yt feed last week and I still watched it even though I’ve seen it a dozen times.

Chadwick is great in that sketch but I also love Kenan’s giddy encouragement. So goddamn hilarious.

Oh my god. How did he keep it a secret? Dude was ripped in Black Panther. How do you get that buff while fighting cancer?

This is awful. Rip.

He was excellent in Black Panther and I love that SNL sketch. F cancer man.

Well this explains why I never saw him in anything else after Black Panther. I was looking forward to him starting to pop up everywhere after that performance.

My doctor just recently suggested 45. So I asked about poop in a box (what I call it, you don’t really poop in a box) and we are going to do that next year when my insurance will pay for it. Then at 50 I will probably get the real deal unless the box test says something bad before that.

The box test can test for cancer pretty well, but not really polyps if I understood everything.

Amazing he kept that secret all these years…very humble. Awful news, so sad…RIP

If there is family history of colon cancer the doctor can usually fight the insurance to do a colonscopy a lot earlier. Both my grandfathers and sister died of colon cancer and even though the insurance companies want to limit a scope to every 5 years I have been able to do it more often.

Crazy news to wake up to. A fantastic actor taken from us way too soon.

Just saw this thread on Twitter:

I got to meet @chadwickboseman once while I worked Samuel French film & theater bookshop. He didn’t bring any attention to himself, just wanted to find a few new plays. But then this young actor, 20 something black man, comes up to him and starts talking.

30 mins later, they are still chatting. Chadwick taking the time to give this guy advice, speaking to what’s it’s like to be a black man in this industry, how to navigate it. The actor thanks him for his time and continues looking for books.

Chadwick comes up to the counter and buys the few plays he found, but then, he has another stack. They’re books he recommended to the actor and he wants to buy them. He then has me hold the books behind the counter for this guy and takes off.

He didn’t want thanks. He just wanted to make sure this young man was taken care of and had access to resources he would need to succeed. Chadwick Boseman was the King of Wakanda. He was James Brown and Jackie Robinson. But above all that, he was a good man.

So sad to read this. Such an excellent actor - had hoped to see a lot more of him, both in Wakanda and other roles.

Such a terrible shock. What he must have went through physically to prepare for and film those movies while being treated - I knew he was talented but that’s an astounding level of determination.

This was not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning. God, I hate this year.