China. China China. ChinaChinaChina for the China

That was the whole point of the TPP.

Yes, which everyone was against for a lot of reasons, most of which weren’t all that good.

Yeppers.

And some people had legitimate objections to specific provisions of the TPP, but were broadly in favor of the idea of such a treaty. However some people consistently ignore those reasons.

Environment and Copy right.

I get that, who was pushing it?

The world is heading into a dystopian future with frightening speed.

This is what happened with the TPP, they did it without the US.

At this point I’m all for Cold War 2.0 with China, they might be the one thing worse than Trump and the other fascists.

At this point the coalition that China can put together against the US might be bigger than the one the US can put together against China…

At this point, if software or a game is from China, I’m not using it.

I’m pretty much there too. I need to figure out how to source electronics next :(

That’s assuming Congress will limit Trump to two terms in the White House. Otherwise, all bets are off. :)

(Though the guy does have several children who could run for office.)

I wonder how this all plays out on the scale of a couple hundred years. We tend to think of WW2 as the triumph of democracy over fascism, but it was two states who were (or in one case soon would be) communist totalitarian entities that bore the brunt of the struggle, at least in terms of blood shed, against Germany and Japan.

Yeah, you could say democracy “piggy-backed” on their struggle.

(I wonder if the metaphor could be extended to include Cuba?)

So … this is a thing

Just like all the pro-Trump shovelware you can get on Steam.

Is it a Blizzard game? One China: Immortal?

I don’t know why I didn’t consider this. But it’s so obvious.

Oh no.

No one knows who developed it. So you can bet it was the CCP.

The Chinese have completely wiped these weird things from existence:

Pretty ugly creatures. Maybe they did the world a favor.

Last I heard Yangtze River dolphins were probably extinct too.