China. China China. ChinaChinaChina for the China

I couldn’t find an example of a wall, but I found a cliff.

Imgur

I didn’t realise it was a parody until I got to Ontario.

Yeah I should have made that clear. Scary how plausible is is though.

I spoke to an old colleague at UMich yesterday, she said they have two suspected cases at Michigan as well.

Guess hes ok calling it a muslim ban now?

America the land of religious freedom. For puritans only.

Okay, we have to make it clear when some one is posting a parody account, because it’s sometimes hard to tell what is real and fake on the internet.

Even though the words Parody are clearly written on the twit.

Or we could just stop with the played out parody account thing.

Better idea. Mea culpa

We need a Parody Thread for funny things like this.

Seemed like something hed have done. Didn’t seem funny, just highly plausible given the things he actually does tweet. Sorry i missed the joke.

I think everyone had to look twice at that. Parody doesn’t work on Trump really.

The open racism against Chinese, globally, is disgusting. The group blame/responsibility, the stereotypes, tropes etc are openly espoused across socmedia and trad media. Really noticeable agsinst non-mainland Chinese, which shows it to be more than just virus worries.

I scrolled through #prayforchina for a few mins and it was mainly non-Westerners. So telling. No wonder my Chinese American and Chinese Brit allies are raging now.

The Chinese people in my Japanese class haven’t mentioned anything outside of…good luck everyone avoiding the corona virus. Although today everyone had to use hand sanitizer, because like 6 people were absent…?

Stuff trending on socmedia is like this.

People are saying they hope China’s population dies off. They have been demonized and are being blamed for pollution, eating animals, organ harvests. New strategic enemy needed, China containment policy confirmed.

Straight out of a disaster movie.

Did you all know there’s a biowarfare lab in Wuhan and they were working on coronovirus’s (amoungst many other things)?

Before we start going down that road, can you link some reputable sources? I mean the implication is either that China released it on purpose or there was an accident they’re keeping a secret. Until I see a source I’ll put that squarely in the “conspiracy theory” bucket.

Just something to think about. I wouldn’t count China as being the most honest when it comes to containment policies and if they had an accident. I would put this at .01% chance it came from the lab, but it should still be investigated.

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

But worries surround the Chinese lab, too. The SARS virus has escaped from high-level containment facilities in Beijing multiple times, notes Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University in Piscataway, New Jersey. Tim Trevan, founder of CHROME Biosafety and Biosecurity Consulting in Damascus, Maryland, says that an open culture is important to keeping BSL-4 labs safe, and he questions how easy this will be in China, where society emphasizes hierarchy.

Oh I think you’re right. If somehow this were an accident, I think China would not admit it and we’d be in the same scenario we’re in now anyway.