Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne -- first pics

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news2/news1027.htm

He’s in a suit! Inspired!

I saw those yesterday, and last night dreamed I saw the movie. It was a dissapointment in my dream, but oh well.

You have Christian Bale in your dreams?

— Alan

No, I had Bruce Wayne in my dreams. And the Batmobile turned out to be some kind of train car that only ran on a circular track through some cavern in Arizona (not the Batcave). Oddly, it was actually my remembering having heard that there’s a supposedly really cool Batmobile chase sequence in the movie that first started to clue me into the notion (while still dreaming) that I must not have seen the real version, eventually leading to that bizarre state where you’re about 80% certain you’re dreaming but continue anyway to see how things turn out.

This dream, of course, means you’re gay.

That shot of the newsstand was HAWT. Is that like the secret entrance to the Batcave? Sure beats being out in the middle of some DUMB FOREST.

Uh, are we sure this is actually Christian Bale as Batman and not Christian Bale as Christian Bale?

If that’s him as Batman , then I can safely say that this whole “gritty realism in comics” thing has gone too far for my taste.
If that’s him as Bruce Wayne, well that’s okay then.

BTW, did you know Bruce Wayne is known as Bruno Diaz when Batman appears in the spanish language?

That’s a damn cool name…
“Bruno Diaz”
Hmmm.
Kind of fun to say too…
[size=6]Bruno Diaz![/size]

I’m sorry, what were we talking about?

If that’s him as Batman , then I can safely say that this whole “gritty realism in comics” thing has gone too far for my taste.
If that’s him as Bruce Wayne, well that’s okay then.

BTW, did you know Bruce Wayne is known as Bruno Diaz when Batman appears in the spanish language?

That’s a damn cool name…
“Bruno Diaz”
Hmmm.
Kind of fun to say too…
[size=6]Bruno Diaz![/size]

Conyo, ees Batman. Say Bruno Diaz to my leetle fren’.

I’m sorry, what were we talking about?[/quote]

Is there going to be a Batgirl in this one?

Not unless it’s been kept a secret; I wouldn’t imagine having Batgirl prior to Robin and there’s been no mention of him either.

He needs to pump some serious iron and bulk up a bit. He looks way too scrawny IMHO.

I am just not seeing him kicking villainous butt…

He looked right enough in Equilibrium. Bruce isn’t supposed to be a big, roided out monster anyway, he’s just a very athletic, very skilled guy.

Hey Gaming Module, check out the many shirtless scenes in American Psycho. Yow. And I say that in a non-gay way, although I did think his scenes with a leather-clad Matthew McConohoweveryouspellit in Reign of Fire were charged with an inadvertant homo energy.

Maybe we can get Tyler in here to comment on the relative merits of each man’s ass.

-Tom

Yeah I think he’ll be just fine as he is. This isn’t Jim Lee’s Batman on screen.