Christien Murawski in the hospital

Christien, Mark just asked you a question, and I want to know too. So we need you to wake up and tell us. Secrets are meant to be shared… at least that’s what my little niece tells me. Also, I’m going to lie and tell you hospital food is amazing. This is true though. Hospital pancakes are actually pretty good. Especially with sausage or bacon. Just imagine that scent wafting up your nose. Are you hungry yet?

Christien, we have never met and i live halfway across the world, but you have been a daily presence in my life for years, which I am extremely thankful for. I sincerely hope you pull through, and I promise, as soon as you wake up, I’ll stop whatever I’m doing, pump my fist and yell „Nice!“ for everyone to hear.

Christien, we’ve never met, but I always wanted to tell you thank you for being Tom’s friend when he needed you.

Awful news. Sending lots of positive thoughts…

@fire

This is something that could have helped me. I’m not sure if I could have interpreted the words or not, but I do think the gist of it would have come through. When people are sitting with him, once an hour tell him in whatever words you want, that he is just dreaming and that everything out here is actually OK. You’re OK. You just need a little time. Don’t worry, everything is fine, you just needed some rest. What you see is just a dream, when you wake up things will go back to normal.

—————

We sometimes create an entirely new and alternate world while in a coma. This is what happened to me and I wished I could have known it wasn’t real. Also, my Mom read me the children’s books from when I was a kid. That was soothing as I distinctly remember one episode where I had been moved to an altar and she was whispering at my side. I knew what she was reading to me then, but didn’t remember exactly what when I woke up.

I wish there was more I could do to help. And I apologize if these anecdotes sounds like I’m mentioning personal experience too much. I’d do anything to help comfort him during this.

@fire and @tomchick – I know you guys must be exhausted and worried sick. Thanks for taking care of our friend, and please take care of yourselves too.

Keep going, Christien. Which might be a hell of a lot to ask, I don’t know. But you’re one of the good ones, so keep going, Christien.

Hey Christien, I’ve never listened to a podcast before, but hurry back and I promise to give your next one a try.

What the fuck. First jpinard, now this? Why do bad things happen to my favorite all time posters right as I come back?

Will text him. Let me know what’s up. Do you still have my number, @fire?

I’ve met him personally. He’s just as genuinely kind in person as he is online.

Pull through, Dingus!

Dingus, since apparently me showing up here caused jpinard to get divorce papers and you to end up in the hospital, if you get better and jpinard finds true love again, I’ll never come back again.

Wait, that didn’t sound right at all …

Dingus,

I clearly suck at writing nice things. You are a wonderful person, and the world needs more of you. Come back soon, okay?

And Dingus, I came back here so I could chat with you (and a few others), so you’d gosh darn better get back so you can post here again.

I met Christien briefly when visiting @fire at JPL and seemed like a really nice guy. Really pulling for him.

— Alan

Terrible news. Best wishes!

Oh my. I don’t know what to say that others haven’t already said far better than I ever could. Christien, please know that you and your voice are a huge part of what makes this place special.

What the hell?!? I open up Qt3 and see this, and I am horribly confused. Were there problems before that led up to this? If so, I am ashamed to admit that I know nothing about it, and am wondering what happened.

I am not a religious person by any means, however that won’t stop me from praying for you. We need you. Get better, man. Please.

One last thing. Christien one day I hope to make it to your area to have a beer with you, and talk food. Get well, I owe you a round or two some day.

Damn! No idea what has happened, but whatever it was, it sucks. Get better Christien! I’m rooting for you, just like the entire forum is. We need you here!

This is something I’ve always been meaning to write to you about one day Christien but never got around to it. You are an excellent father and have been a role model for me in bringing up my own children - on what media they should consume and how to guide them. Your honest and heartfelt approach to films and wanting to share them with your son are an inspiration. Thank you.