City of Heroes to Shut Down

Yeah, I’d been meaning to check out the level 50+ crafting system, which I had never gotten around to.

I did the same thing with flight. When my first toon hit 14, I flew around over Skyway and Perez Park just looking down. (And then died when I toggled it off in midair and landed near a purple boss, but the first bit was fun.)

Aw, I really enjoyed playing CoH.

Going to miss my mains. Energy Man and Titanna.

Heh. My first character to level 14 was my Rad/Rad defender. I took to the skies over Atlas Park, swooping down over Ms. Liberty and the other heroes, landing on top of the statue of Atlas, etc. What a joyous feeling. Then someone reported my character name (Leukemia) and I ended up changing it to Totally Rad. I liked her back story, she was a teenage girl with a mutation that caused her to produce radiation since she was a baby, resulting in progeria (premature aging). She learned to control and expel the radiation outside her body, allowing her to fight crime while delaying her inevitable death from the radiation.

City of Heroes, we salute you.

My only reported toon was ‘Screaming Baby’ which was…well, a kid in a diaper with Sonic and Psy powers. Yes, he was as annoying as you think. I was able to keep the toon, but I needed to give him a shirt…I know…dumb but I did…sadly there is no sailor shirt in the game.

I was playing CoH one Gay Pride Day when everybody’s costume colors were changed to pink. That was a lot of fun.

Did they forget that pink = breast cancer awareness and has nothing to do with the typical gay rainbow (or the color purple)? In fact, rainbows don’t even have the color pink. What an epic fucking failure.

Really? Thanks for that.

Leaving aside that you need to calm down a little, perhaps they were thinking along the line of Pink triangle - Wikipedia? In any case, I thought it was pink ribbons for breast cancer, not just the color pink.

Damn kerzain. That’s what you want to bring here? The rest of us are sorry that a good game is going under. We are hoping that the devs have a place to go as far as work. And the rest of us are having a what is essentially a wake for a game.

And you want to piss on it?

Oh jeez, get off it. I already shared my condolences.

Darn that’s a surprise. It’s both profitable and and under active development.

Pink has been a gay signifier color for far longer than the currently recognized rainbow. So much so that homosexual prisoners in Nazi concentration camps were forced to wear pink triangles, and for a time the pink triangle was a symbol of gay rights and pride.

Epic fucking failure back atcha.

You’re right, it slipped my mind they could all be celebrating by wearing pink holocaust triangles. Short sighted and ignorant of me, I apologize. Let’s get back to screenshots and RIPs.

Originally intended as a badge of shame, the pink triangle (often inverted from its Nazi usage) has been reclaimed as an international symbol of gay pride and the gay rights movement, and is second in popularity only to the rainbow flag.[2]

From here.I guess this is where you disparage Wikipedia as a source.

Do you have MattKeil on ignore?

I was adding emphasis. Do you get the point now?

That you’re a crybaby? Yea.

ANYWAY.

I had a lot of fun playing Delerium Tremens, mental controller and last member of the Hangover of Justice. The grind and sameness eventually drove me away from CoH, but as others have said, the powers and fighting mechanics couldn’t be beat.

Oooh! Cut to the quick! You are a witty fellow. So you still don’t understand. Noted.