Civilization VI

Yep, you were right. Per @Mysterio’s suggestion I clicked on the World Ranking. Most of the categories aren’t very useful this early on (675BC) but there is a Score category and it matches those numbers exactly.

I’m a bit shocked I’m listed first, as I thought I had a pretty poor start because of my starting position.

I’m pushed against the sea surrounded by an impenetrable mountain range and don’t have any room to maneuver. My capital is on a river surrounded by hills and mountains with a volcano, to my south the route is still pinned to by the mountain range and there’s a City State limiting expansion. The north and the west is ocean, the east is a plain without water followed by a desert and then India (which has 5 cities), the south east there’s a city state and then the same mountain range.

The capital itself is doing pretty well (particularly with Australia’s bonus for coastal cities and breathtaking locations). I don’t know if those people living on the breathtaking slopes of the volcano are going to regret their living choices, but that bonus combined with mountain bonuses is giving my science and religious districts a heck of an output.

I’ve only got two cities and I’m not quite sure where to go from here. I’m thinking of putting a city in the tundra north of Brisbane (there’s a location which gets access to a fishing resource, two salt resources and an iron ore deposit. I figure long term there might be other resources up there like oil. But I assume that city won’t grow at all. I could try to build something in that desert, but in addition to being in the desert, I think it would run into loyalty problems being much closer to India’s capital than mine.

Is it possible to put another city next to Zanzibar, or is there not enough space between Zanzibar and the ocean.

Other options are take over Bologna, which will give me access to that open land south of it — I think it’s Suzerained by Ghandi though. Or fight Ghandi himself directly — he seems to have a similar size military to me, his tech output suggests he’s probably at a lower tech than I am, but his population is huge compared to mine and he has over twice as many cities as I do.

Any suggestions?