Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

That sounds exactly like the Civ6 game @dfs, @FinnegansFather, @Timemaster_Tim, and @rho21 were kind enough to give me suggestions on in the Civ6 thread. It was touch and go and very tense for the first half of the game. Now my score is twice that of my nearest competitor and I’m sitting on 24 cities.

It’s 1842AD and turn 292/500. I’d kind of like to finish the game, but it’s getting awfully boring managing all those cities and dealing with all those units. I thought it might maintain longer term interest in Civ6 to be able to try to play a game with each of the five victory conditions and maybe see if I could win with different leaders. But the game has become such a slog.

I’m definitely feeling the tedium of moving so many units that @BloodyBattleBrain mentioned also just so many cities to deal with. I seem to recall earlier Civ versions let us just turn cities over to AI governors to manage for us. At this point, that would have been a big help.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to checking Ten Crowns out. I’m trying to hold off for release, both for the smoother post-release experience and because I prefer having everything on Steam if I can.