Civilization VI

Is it lame that I could’ve sworn Abe Lincoln was already in the game?

I suppose we can forgive you for messing up your Civ games.

Goes to show how much I played Civ VI I guess.

I constantly confuse rules, features, and wonders from Civs 3, 4 and 5 in Civ 6.

I’m getting too old for this shit.

The influence of religion in shaping human history is undeniable, and to leave it out entirely for a game like Civ doesn’t make sense. But spamming missionaries and religious combat isn’t a fun way to to incorporate religion.

Oh! I didn’t even see this part:

For Windows PC, if you purchase Civilization VI Anthology (or purchase all of the content that’s included in it separately at any time), you’ll be eligible to receive the Leader Pass for no additional charge.

PC players get it for free if they already have the rest of the game’s DLC.

Oh hey, that’d be me. Maybe I’ll end up checking out the new leaders just by default.

Yeah. Religion is damned hard to simulate in games though because it requires a level of quantification and algorithmic design that is at epistemological odds with how religion works in culture.

Hmmmm. I think that’s me. If the price of entry is free, I might kick the tires.

Leader Pass has dropped on both Steam and iOS (probably other places, these are the only 2 I have access to), BUT it isn’t offering up the promised FREE option to those who own all previous expansions in either of these stores as promised.

Also, while I at least did get Julius Caesar auto added as promised on iOS, I can’t even start the game on Steam at the moment, it just infinitely gives me the “Please wait while loading…”.

I have everything on Steam and it auto-added the Julius Caesar leader today. Also, it states that you have to have your 2K Account linked to the Steam account that you use to play, so maybe that’s an issue.

If I buy the Anthology bundle today, do I get the leaders for free?

Do I even have 2k account? I dont remember. And how does one link them?

I would have done it a very long time ago now, but I believe you do so in your 2K Account settings. So, you have to have one first, then check it.

I have a 2K account linked to my Steam account and no dice

Luckily for me, the 2K account link was already established when I started this, so Julius Caesar was activated for me. Maybe from a previous 2K game, like Mafia 3? Dunno.

I do have to ask, what is this garbage 2K launcher? Was this always in CivVI? I don’t remember it.