Clash Royale from Clash of Clans makers

It’s crazy how much they’ve loosened the economy in the last few months. I’m a few days away from level 13 towers. Gathering that 80k XP took 8 months. About 35k of that came in the last two months. The global tournaments are of course the best thing they’ve done for the game in a while, except for when they run them with non-standard rules. And last weekend’s challenge was just absurdly generous (165k coins in rewards, with a continue rather than a restart).

I’m still rocking pretty much the same ladder deck as before, with two subs. The tombstone nerf a while back was maybe the least deserved one ever in the game, and just killed the card. Replaced that with the Barbarian Barrel which just provides absurdly much value and flexibility. And the Skeleton Guards are the defensive ground unit of choice for any deck as far as I’m concerned, given the spell heavy metas.

Tower/12
Lava Hound/5
Electro Wizard/4
Barbarian Barrel/12
Skeleton Guards/12
Mega Minion/13
Rocket/13
Minions/13
Arrows/12

Got to 5150 last season, this season’s best is only 4900. But if I really can’t get crack 5200 with the level 13 towers, I’m going to be disappointed.