Classic Cocktails for QT3

I like them both. But since I’ve been breaking out into new bourbons and ryes, I find it a bit too sweet. I have some Willet Pot Still Reserve. It will have to do. :)

I’ve been drinking aviation cocktails occasionally, lately, not because I like the taste but for the appearance…

Actually it’s not bad, and I like the aroma of the crème de violette – but it is a bit odd, though, fruity and flowery at the same time.

Been practicing my cocktails here lately. Made my first whiskey sour with egg white and agostura bitters drizzled into the foam last night. Trying to finish off my Jim Bean rye to replace it with a nicer Bulleit.

See also my latest Old Fashioned (with some Evan Williams Bottled in Bond)

And hey, I even gave my first Aviation a shot, @Miramon

Apologies for my terrible glassware and photography skills.

Solid angostura drizzle. Did you do the trick where you dash a few dots then drag a toothpick through them to make the pattern?

Yep! I misplaced one of my drops almost right away, panicked a bit, and just sorta freestyled from there, so it’s not quite what I was going for, but it still looked alright!

Yeah, lately I find myself gravitating to Bulleit for bourbon and rye. Good stuff.

Awesome! I feel like using the non-violet-colored creme de violette has to be a technical point off though :)

It’s so good. My go to as well for a neat pour or over a few cubes, but I go Rittenhouse Rye for mixing (nothing beats it).

Lol tiki bars

Do you get to keep them?

Kept zombie and hat dude :-)

That’s awesome. Where was it?

Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto in the Disney Polynesian Resort. We actually did make it down to Florida, despite a moderate amount of real life crazy :-)