Cleve Blakemore's Grimoire: Coming to Kickstarter soon

The youtube videos are, uh, something.

Day one.

I truly feel sorry for anyone who backs this project.

The baby in the lower right corner is superscary.

This looks like it will make for some epic Let Us Play threads in the coming years.

Doesn’t look that bad though the tiny viewport would drive me nuts – even in the 80s and 90s I couldn’t stand that.

Honestly if this guy made a Kickstarter video that was like, “OK so maybe you all think I am a loon and yeah, maybe I am, but the game is real here’s the proof (link to long chunk of continuous gameplay) so if this type of retro RPG looks cool, chip in” I might even pop in 10 bucks if that’s all it took.

rezaf

OH GOD I’M WATCHING FACES OF DEATH AND THE BURNING AND THE DROWNING AND THE PLUNGING! AND THE GUITAR MUSIC! AND THE LAUGHING LICH! AND THE 1992 GRAPHICS!

Amazing.

I would sponsor a kickstarter for his bunker before this game.

I don’t want this to ever be released. It’s perfect the way it is now - a hypothetical could’a should’a would’a.

If he raises 100k on his kickstarter, he’ll port the game to BrainFuck.

Because of crap like this, I’m seriously going to make this game Kickstarter-pledged only. If you guys are lucky you may be able to get a lite version a couple years from now. Initial copies will be going to those who paid for them. So I guess you won’t be playing Grimoire for a couple of decades if ever.
Big deal. What’s a couple of additional decades?

i quite liked the look of those youtube clips he posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TexasArcane/videos

I don’t know the history or background, so just going on those, and as i loved the old dnd gold box type stuff, it looks ok.

Considering you can get stuff like this from GoG or various indie devs, or even on the App Store, I’m sort of baffled as to what the draw is. But yeah, based just on what those videos showed, it seemed like a functional product, more or less.

Man, I’m already getting tired of “kickstarter” projects just because it’s the worst of “hey, check out this awesome thing we’ll only start working on if we get funded, AND it will be years from now before you get to play it!” but now we get “hey, we are going to start a kickstarter thing really soon!”. Sheesh.

Cleve is insane. You might be missing the point a bit.

I have no interest in funding any bunker outside of Vault 101. I’ll pass, Cleve.

but…anyone that lets you ride a turtle in an crpg is not really insane are they? Imaginative sure…

Cleve is super insane

If anyone but CMB were “producing” this (and I use the term loosely) I’d be in. I am a total sucker for the old-school look and feel those demo videos give off. This sort of game is perfect for an indie developer and could do really well on Steam and ported to the iOS.

That said, it’s CMB, so it’s never going to happen. This “game” only exists as an ego trip and vanity project that will never make it to market.