Cliff Empire , living on the edge!

Picked this up and sunk in 2 hours, overall its pretty good.
FYI it is still in early access. And I’ve only messed around with the intro/tutorial which seems to be the only game mode at the moment.

2 screens from my time with it:

I came here to see what I thought would be the history of Cliffy B, but I stayed for the city builder video.

Looks interesting, but you mention the tutorial is the only game mode? Do you mean a sandbox only mode?

Right now 2 hours in and I am still just being given basic build XYZ to earn rewards type of goals.

The thing I really liking is having to balance trade between cities, as each cliff has different % of resource concentrations.

There are no other game modes yet. I have a weather event where it was cloudy for day (maybe it was a rain storm? I forget the specifics) , so solar was decreased for 7 days. It pretty much made me build the nuclear plant.

Again for $9, what I am seeing is pretty good for Early Access.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the thread title.

what is lol

Roadmap is here:

EA 1.3 patch is coming soon. I think they are working on adding parts of steps 3 and 4.

I saw on my friends who bought stuff feed, that @BrianRubin picked this up!

It’s still in EA, they are working on finishing update 8.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/809140/announcements/detail/1703942864391752572

It’s not bad so far!

Why is BrianRubin interested in this game? I only saw one space ship in that video, and it flew away right away.

Nearing update 10 and the end of Early Access!

Development of the project almost comes to the end. All plot tasks are implemented, many bugs fixed. There are about 25 minor bugs left that need to be fixed before leaving Early Access. Still have plans to add a few new buildings, this will happen both during the last testing and after the release.

Thank you all for your active participation in the testing of the project!

Nearing release soon.

Some of the screenshots I see on Steam are really looking good since that last time I played a few months ago.

And this released yesterday! And I have zero time to play it until early next week!

This game looks really good - seems to have a lot of positive reviews… but not a lot of traction here. That makes me curious. It’s only $12 at the normal price. With all the gushing reviews I’m surprised there isn’t more discussion of this.

It got buried in my backlog, but I enjoy my time with it during Early Access. :)

I haven’t seen a single review for this game. So, is it more towers defense against the elements or city builder ?

City Builder, reminds me a lot of the Aven Colony style of gameplay.

IcyyMike did a video should you buy thing!