College Football 2016

Spring games! Let’s get it going.

I think Texas will beat Notre Dame on Sunday, September 4.

I think year 3 under Charlie Strong is where it comes together. Looking at the schedule I see 8 regular season wins at a minimum, but 9-10 are very possible.

It will be an interesting year for Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes, with so many seniors and early draft entrants gone, it will be what would be a rebuilding year for most teams, but I guess in Columbus it’s more properly called reloading. And the non-conference schedule isn’t all Sisters of the Poor this year. On Sept. 17th they travel to Norman to face Bob Stoops and the Sooners.

Things are looking somewhat hopeful here in Virginia. It’s Bronco Mendenhall’s first year, but it looks like things are going well. He brought almost his entire staff with him from Provo, and judging from the lack of attrition - the players are buying into the new regime.

The opening weekend of college football in 2016 is fucking amazing. So many good games.

I think LSU is going to be the team to beat. They travel to Lambeau to face Wisconsin on 9/3.

The top of the Big 10 is going to be crazy competitive going forward with the current coaching situation. Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State are all contenders for the playoff…and Wisconsin is a good enough team to play spoiler year in and year out.

Just following local news and reading between the lines, I think Nebraska will be . . . bad. They lost a lot of seniors, every junior with any possibility of even practice squad spots declared for the pros, and anyone else who can use the grad-student NCAA rule wrinkle to transfer has been. The players recruited under the previous coaching regime are obviously not invested in sticking around and playing for the new regime.

That’s a shame, I always thought Mike Riley was a good coach at the other OSU.

He is a good coach, I’m just not sure he’s the right fit at Nebraska. They’ll be better than expected, but not Nebraska. I think if he stays his tenure will be much like Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. Good with an occasional great season.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

ATM has lost 14 stars of QBs in the offseason. Not a good look.

Less than a month to go until College Football season!

Trig - I had no idea Mizzou had become a dumpster fire- I hadn’t heard the Pinkel news - that’s a shame.

Given the way everything shifted under his feet, the news Wednesday that Rhoades is leaving Missouri was not surprising.
But leaving for Baylor? That says even more about the state of Mizzou, and it’s not a flattering commentary.
Baylor is the biggest dumpster fire in college sports, having just
swept out its president, athletic director and football coach after a
succession of violent incidents that involved multiple football players.
If an athletic director jumps at the chance to take on that mess, then
the school he’s leaving is truly dysfunctional.
The Rhoades news inconveniently left new football coach Barry Odom holding the bag Wednesday at SEC media days.

The first weekend in the 2016 season has so many good games. I am so excited. Less than four weeks to go!

As a Texas fan I am super fucking hyped for the ND@UT game on Sunday 9/4. The only game on that day, huge for both teams.

edit:

The Heisman next year has to be one of the most contested ever. I feel like McCaffrey has to be the favorite but then you have Fournette and Watson that are right there. Dalvin Cook on the outside. What a race.

I feel like it’s Watson’s to lose. I don’t think McCaffrey can overcome his handicaps as an APB playing in a lightly watched conference to win it all, although I think he deserves it.

I can’t remember a Heisman race with so many guys going in as clear front runners.

Watson.
McCaffrey.
Fournette.

I like McCaffrey just because he was the runner up last year. But I feel like Watson is the favorite.

McCaffrey should have won it easily last year but the Heisman is first an foremost a QB race anymore, with East coast players getting the inside track(ACC,SEC) and the Big Ten getting occasional attention if its an Ohio St. player.

Season actually starts tomorrow, 8/26 with Cal and Hawaii in Australia. Woot!

Hell yeah! I am watching that game. Good luck vs the fighting Ass To Mouths!

Any chance you’ll make the Bay Area roadtrip?

What, being 3 hours behind the coast wasn’t enough for Hawaii? Had to go find someplace with even more of a time difference, didn’t they.

No, I don’t travel well.

Cal is rolling. But Hawaii really sucks.

I’ve liked everything I’ve been hearing out of C’ville so far. This is the first year in a long, long time that I am actually looking forward to college football season. If nothing else, I am confident that the kids will be well prepared and will play hard, which is about all I ask from Virginia football. I don’t expect miracles, but Bronco seems like he gets it.