College Football 2017

Or at least the most annoying.

Amazing or annoying, or both, Jackson’s voice still resonates in my memories of watching football games in bygone years. Hard to forget.

And at least no where near as boring as Merlin Olsen.

For a geezer like me, Keith Jackson was THE voice of college football. RIP

Yep, Jackson was the best. I’ve honestly, in 40 years of watching college football, ever heard anyone other than BennyProfane describe Jackson as “annoying”.

He was brilliant, excited when the moment called for it, but also always able to let things breathe. You knew it was a big game when KJ was in the booth.

I thought Jackson was a bit gimmicky, but nowhere near the level of a Dick Vitale or something where it actually bothered me.

I’m sad to see Jackson go, nonetheless. As I age, seeing these legends die just gets a bit more and more depressing.

He wasn’t just gimmicky (by which I assume you mean his bulshit folksly nonsense), but he very overtly favored some teams over others in the games he covered. He basically would sit in the booth and cheer for his team over the other for 3 solid hours.

I must have been listening to a different Keith Jackson all those years. I don’t recall him ever rooting for one team over the other.

I think that probably describes how I feel about Jackson. He was the voice of college football for my age group.

I will always remember him introducing a game once by welcoming us to the Rose Bowl, “where nary a zephyr is fluttering the flag this afternoon.”

@TheWombat Wanted to let you know, the downtown Taco Stand closed. The one on Milledge is still open, but downtown rents are getting out of control.

If you’re downtown and want a burrito, Barberitos is really good. It costs a little more, but they have a lot more veggies.

Damn. Guess it doesn’t surprise me. I haven’t been in Athens though for years, but if I do go any time soon, I’ll check out Barberitos.