Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations ("The Harpoon that Never Was")

holy fuck thats close! I may not get it at launch then :(

A surprise to be sure but a welcome one. I figured it had to be at least a year out since they were mum about a release date.

I’m intrigued but hesitant at the expected $100+ CAD price tag – and that’s before the tacview integration. I’ve been rather arbitrarily limiting myself to $200/yr on gaming, and as much as I enjoyed CMANO, I’m thinking this will probably be a pass.

Wow, that is awesome!! Can’t wait!

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/command-modern-operations-starts-the-engines-out-on-november-14th

CMANO goes on sale like 2 or 3 times a year for like half off. Dunno about Tacview though.

They’ve already said there’s a discounted price if you already own CMANO.

I am much more interested in this than my wallet advises that I ought to be.

Yeah, although it did take a while to get to that point.

The manual

Am I allowed to say that I am EXTREMELY EXCITED??? Only 7 days to go!

My excitement is down to 10 from 11. I saw over on the official forum that Tacview replay is supported only for the professional version while the consumer flavor only supports live playback. It’s not a huge deal breaker but my hope was to enjoy a Tacview replay with a tub of popcorn but now I’ll have to be content with live playback. It’s sort of like getting to Disneyland and finding your favorite ride will be down for maintenance during your stay.

Maybe we can form our own company to gain access to the PE version of CMO. How about 5h1t bON3rZ: A wholly owned subsidiary of Chogglepants Inc.

Good idea! The unsatisfied demand for flatscreen hole-drilling can finally be met by this new enterprise.

Did somebody say boyshorts???

Kushan did a preview stream yesterday, showing Tacview among other things. Have a look: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/506108414

And a 50% discount for existing CMANO owners. Of course we don’t yet know what the absolute price is, but that is encouraging. I would assume it’s the same as CMANO.

@schurem : you going to jump in?

I share your somewhat diluted excitement. But hell, I am still pretty darn excited!

I might, but perhaps not right away, blew most of my budget already.

Drop me a line. I will hook you up. Santa comes early this year!