Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

I am afraid I don’t know where this stands currently. They had talked about sorcery before, but I don’t know if that is still planned or how much progress has been made with magic.

There is no magic system at the moment.

It was planned and they had it mostly fleshed out but were unable to hire a graphics effect guy for it (according to a dev stream). So magic it is on the back burner now but may come post release.

There is low level sorcery in the form of the glass orbs which are basically magic bombs/gernades made at the alchemy workstation. Things like fire orb, grease orb, etc.

Minor patch just hit so server will be out of sync (if your steam auto updates) and you wont be able to join.

Don’t have the admin info at work atm so won’t be able to address it til tonight. Wasn’t expecting a patch so soon so wasn’t prepared, will fix for next time.

Really sucks that you can’t currently harvest humans for resources. Also I never thought I would say that sentence.

find myself playing this a lot even knowing it will be wiped. game is definitely fun if you just go with it.

Don’t burn out before the 8th!

Im popping in occasionally not doing too much yet.

I keep forgetting to install! I will try to remember before I go out tonight…

I’m tempted to try his when it releases on console, but I’m wondering what (if any) it has for a micro transaction scheme? I’m pretty fed up with micro transactions these days.

I hadn’t heard of any MT schemes. Are they common in this genre?

There has been no talk of micros.

There are large chunks of free content coming post release. They have mentioned larger paid dlcs being possible.

Lots of bugs from last ‘big’ patch. 2 weeks out? Uh. I can’t even build half the things I want to because it would ‘block my spawn point’…which is nowhere near what I’m working on. Ergh.

I feel like they are common in a lot of genres these days. I don’t mind actual paid DLC, but I’ve had it with Micro’s.

I’ve never played an open world survival game so I’m not sure what is “normal” for this genre. I thought I might give this a shot though.

This particular game has shown nothing about MT schemes. Neither does ARK, but I was not a huge fan of their ‘paid expansion during early access’ fuckery.

Paid expansions/DLC after EA, okay, yeah, whatever. That ship has long sailed.

But I haven’t heard anything about any sort of MT’s.

I might get back into this. I’m largely in a different head space these days w/r/t gaming but still very motivated. If there’s still room on the server and enough change to the game to be of interest (sounds like there may be), I’ll probably consider jumping back in. If you guys’ll have me! (Sorry about all the ghosting, long story.)

Always room for some berz.

Also a ton had changed, the new combat is leaps better than it was.

3 new biomes (map is nealy double what it was), farming, early purge, more dungeons, neutral relic hunter city, etc.

Just got to get some pesky bugs fixed for launch.

you can play for 2 hours for free on xbox right now, though the EA version has some bugs you will still get to see how it all works.

I just picked this up, would like to play on the server if someone can pm me the details. I am UK based so times could be a bit off but if that’s ok, would like to participate

Pm sent!

Reminder we are wiping on may 8 release.

Current settings are default with 1.25 exp rate for killing and crafting… maybe gathering too, have to look.

May not see much activity yet as most folks are waiting for the 8th.

Waiting on the 8th myself. New combat looks leaps and bounds better then what it was for sure.