Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

I believe this is the eventual endgame goal, things best in life…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

Couple of things for the players on the Qt3 server…

First, ran into a new fella this morning. “Glancing Cobra”. Just randomly picked our server. He’s just starting out and appreciated the care package I brought him. Y’all give him a shout if you see him.

Second, I’m attempting a fairly ambitious project near where (one of?) the main base for Hellrazors is. You can see it on a high plateau across the gully to the south. It’s taking the shape of a ziggurat or a mayan type pyramid. I mean no harm and come in peace. :-) I built it there mostly because I’m an attention whore who likes showing off.

Hotfix 16.03.2017 just got pushed out.

Bugs and Fixes

• EXPLOIT FIX: No longer possible to duplicate inventories from player bodies
  • EXPLOIT FIX: Players can no longer extend Avatar lifetime by sacrificing themselves
  • Admins can now properly delete buildings
  • Fixed a server performance issue when generating pathfinding
  • Message of the day should now save correctly in the ServerSettings window

Glancing Cobra first made his/her appearance a couple of nights ago after the big patch and after his previous server had been wiped. I mentioned that for the time being at least, the server is only technically PVP and that we’re a peaceful bunch.

When I noticed your project last night, situated about fifty feet from our main gate, I initially assumed someone was getting ready to stage a siege. :D

Server patched, have fun. Sorry that I haven’t been on, moving from Boston to Seattle so been very busy.

Welcome to an awesome city!!!

Feel free anyone to explore my little pyramid. There are no thralls. I’m pretty pleased with it and I learned some things which will lead to better efficiency the next time around.

It would be fun to create a functional ‘city’ with separate and distinct buildings and vanity projects in a large flat-land area. I’m looking to expand this into an Aztec or Mayan type of compound with different pyramids devoted to different gods, etc. :-)

Second pyramid going up; it’s going to be a bit more ambitious.

Update 22 is out: Includes dye system, ruins system, new weapons

Best part of the TLDR: New decay system (called “ruins” and disabled by default on private servers), new dye system (firebowl recipes), new weapons, existing weapons rebalanced (to “scale with level”), server wipes (official only, so not Qt3)

[details=Lots of detail here]> Announcing the Exploit Hunters!

We’re still in the early days of our Early Access adventure and there is a lot work left to be done before final release of Conan Exiles in Q1 2018. The feedback we receive from you, the community, is invaluable to us in making sure we improve gameplay, squish bugs, and solve issues ahead of that final release.

One of the most important things we can do to make sure Conan Exiles provides a fair and balanced playing field is making sure we eliminate exploits as early as possible.

To help us with that we will soon be introducing the Exploit Hunters program. Here we will be rewarding players who provide us with information about the most serious exploits. With your help, we will be better equipped to handle potential future exploits which can destabilize servers and avoid the need for server wipes after serious cheating by catching them early.

We will be providing more information and details on the Exploit Hunters program next week.

Server Wipes

• We are wiping all buildings on official non-blitz servers due to recent exploits (private servers are unaffected by this)
  • We are wiping all inventories (player backpack, containers etc) due to recent exploits (private servers unaffected by this)
  • We are keeping player character levels (but you get a free re-spec) due to feat changes discussed in TLDR below. Please give us feedback on these changes.
  • Server admins on private servers may perform a building and inventory wipe which keeps character levels by using the ServerCleanup.bat file in the gamedb folder to clean the current game database

Changelog:

TL;DR (Patch Highlights)

• NEW FEATURE: Ruins (decay) system! Cleans up old buildings over time. It is disabled by default on private servers and enabled by default on Official servers
  • NEW FEATURE: Dye System! Gather pigments and make all kinds of dyes in the Firebowl Cauldron to color your armor!
  • Added 8 new weapons and rebalanced all weapons so damage scales with level
  • Changed feat requirements and removed dependencies, added bonus knowledge points every 10 levels
  • Free feat respec when opening the feat GUI for the first time after this patch!
  • You can now craft the Hyena fur armor at the armorers bench if an armorer thrall is present
  • Thralls are now properly animated when working at crafting stations
  • EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer build inside cliffs or mountains
  • EXPLOIT FIX: Buildings will never spawn outside the curse wall
  • EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer duplicate equipped armor pieces off of unconscious player bodies
  • EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed a case where you could fall through the landscape and gain access to other parts of the map
  • EXPLOIT FIX: Thralls that have started playing death animations can no longer be picked up and reused

Performance and Tech Fixes

• Game install now grouped into .pak archives. 1st time loading speed from main menu into game should be improved by a factor of 3x
  • Game database is now backed up before upgrading the database as part of patching

Server Settings

• Added a serversetting to modify how quickly thralls get converted (thrall crafting time multiplier)
  • Added a serversetting so all containers can be interacted with irrespective of ownership (containers ignore all ownership)
  • Added serversetting to modify NPC health also affects Thralls (NPC damage taken multiplier)
  • Added serversetting to modify the rate at which machines consume fuel (fuel burn time multiplier)
  • Added serversetting PlayerDamageTakenMultiplier

Text and Localization

• Language choice should now save correctly
  • Added various localized text throughout the game

General Bug Fixes and Improvements

• EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer build inside cliffs or mountains
  • EXPLOIT FIX: Buildings will never spawn outside the curse wall
  • EXPLOIT FIX: You can no longer duplicate equipped armor pieces off of unconscious player bodies
  • EXPLOIT FIX: Fixed a case where you could fall through the landscape and gain access to other parts of the map
  • EXPLOIT FIX: Thralls that have started playing death animations can no longer be picked up and reused
  • Fixed a case where some buildings and placeables showed incorrect amount of hitpoints when using the repair hammer on them
  • Server Message of the Day now displayed when a player logs on the server
  • The control tab will no longer revert to default values when clicking on other tabs
  • Unconverted thralls can no longer be put in the hotbar
  • Improved usability of the “exit to main menu” button
  • Crafting stations with artisan thralls now correctly confer crafting speed bonuses to the 2nd item in a crafting queue
  • Replaced the arrow on placeables like chairs and chests with a new visual arrow
  • Keybindings now have a “clear” button
  • Players no longer appear to be wearing armor after being looted while offline
  • When you have a bound thrall, other NPCs no longer show up with the same name as the thrall
  • Large NPCs now push the player away when rotating
  • Clan members should no longer have their armor damaged if FriendlyFireDamageMultiplier is set to 0.0
  • Player no longer becomes stuck if sitting in a throne before/during server restart
  • Players no longer see the Crippling Poison counter when nearby Thralls are attacked by spiders
  • Encumbrance now properly calculates stamina cost to perform certain actions
  • Trophy heads can be placed on walls
  • Bracketed Torch now has a flame when placed out
  • Added 8 new weapons and rebalanced all weapons so damage scales with level

Balance and Gameplay Fixes

• Equip animation no longer overrides knockdown
  • You can now craft the Hyena fur armor at the armorers bench if an armorer thrall is present
  • Hyena fur armor requires Bone.
  • When last clan member leaves a clan, they take ownership of all clan buildings
  • Clan officers can no longer kick other officers. You can only kick players below you in rank from the clan
  • Harvesting cactus with bare hands now gives plant fiber and cochineal
  • Changed feat requirements and removed dependencies, added bonus knowledge points every 10 levels
  • Free feat respec when opening the feat GUI first time after this patch!

Visual Improvements

• Players now see name tags of clan members in green text
  • Cleaned up and aligned the settings GUI
  • Thralls are now properly animated when working at crafting stations
  • Name tags stay longer onscreen and have become easier to read

Known issues

• We are aware that some NPCs do not respawn correctly if players build too close. This will be fixed in the next patch.
  • We are aware of a stamina usage exploit. The fix will be rolled out with the next patch
  • Due to packaging the install files into .pak archives there is a 15-20 min wait once the client is downloaded before you can launch the game as the files unpack. This will only be the case for this patch.
  • When removing buildings that have become abandoned, in rare cases it is not possible to build on the same spot. If you leave and rejoin the server it should be possible to build again.
  • On local play if you use dyes on an equipped armor piece you must re-equip it before the color change becomes visible[/details]

We’re still fairly active on the Qt3 server and need more players to keep things interesting. As mentioned already in this thread, we’re all a pretty laid back bunch – pub players included – and it would be great to see some more people jump in.

Looks good, definitely on tonight to check out the weapons and stuff.

Thanks bar.

Hey does anyone else other than Galadin have administrative control over the server? I’ve had an issue ever since I created a clan and invited a member where the thralls I placed before I started the clan are now hostile to me. My first thought is that a restart of the server would fix it but I think there has been a server restart since and it’s still an issue. So I’m wondering if there is a way administratively to fix this condition. Alternately does anyone think that if I kick the member from the clan, then dissolve the clan and subsequently recreate the clan again that it will work out better? Or must I kill them all.

I should just let Galadin respond, but I’m not sure if there’s a admin console command for resetting ownership, Mr_PeaCH, sorry. :(

More info about the dye system and weapon balances

Update #22 Highlights:

The server has been patched. Also, the admin server doesn’t have anything about transferring ownership or any clan settings. All I can do is change the maximum size of a clan. The admin controls are focused on tweaking settings, and now I can see players and kick/ban.

Thanks Galadin

So can I take it that by being patched the server has been restarted? And if I’m still SOL then I need to annihilate the rest of my thralls and start from scratch?

The server has been restarted multiple times since you requested. I try to do a backup when I see noone is online and restart. I can’t see anything in the admin panel that I could use to transfer ownership, so not sure what to do about that.

Yeah, i figured as much (restarts). Oh well; thanks for everything you do. This was a stupid glitch with no answer apparently. Boo.

I’ll be on this evening and would be happy to assist in any way I can, Mr. P.

Uh oh, trying just now (5pm PT) and says server ‘invalid’. Was there a further hot fix or something after the big update?

Yep, just now, sorta: http://steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/568983756006687341

Edit: Hotfix applied, server restarting, should be up soon.

Aaaand we have another hotfix. Probably won’t apply the patch before this evening, because someone (don’t know who) is currently logged in and I don’t have a way of warning them outside of this thread.

HOTFIX 24.03.2017

A hotfix has been released! Please restart your games and update your servers.

• EXPLOIT FIX: Corpse looting now works as intended
  • Thralls no longer play sounds when invisible.
  • Reduced range of blacksmith sound effect.
  • Some performance improvements when placing buildings within cliffs
  • Fixed a problem with buildings not being placeable in water volumes

Known Issue

• Placing buildings inside cliffs still cause performance issues in some scenarios. We are working on further optimizations.

That was me sorry, out for now.

Have at it.