Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

I ended up in heavy armor without the agility upgrade. Many of the boss attacks are advertised enough that you can still get out of the way without it and you can use a shield for the ones that you can’t. No idea how that would be leveling up though, I was in light armor all the way up to 60, dodging all over the place.

I have always worn medium armor. You get a half-distance dodge, which is plenty, and still good protection.

It’s a pretty straight forward system.

I’m also using medium armor and feel pretty tough, with decent mobility.

I’ve built a big ole base in the jungle near the spider queen. Plenty of iron, coal, and stone, but I think I’m too far from thralls to make it work. Still exploring, but there’s just nobody in all of those city-looking places on the map, just ruins filled with gorillas. Now, if I coud capture gorillas and make them pets…

@Fozzle
Thanks both! Sorry I didn’t reply earlier!

Some interesting stuff coming according to the latest blog post on their website. Including some info about a minor DLC pack:

Any chance someone could post the DLC info for those of us at the office who don’t want to risk unintended dongolization of our displays?

Its just cosmetics.

DLC – THE IMPERIAL EAST PACK

This is a cosmetic only DLC that we will release in June. This culture pack, inspired by the country of Khitai in Hyboria, is made by our amazing character and 3D artists. They don’t work on code or gameplay updates, and the making of these DLC packs will have no impact on the further development of Conan Exiles.

It includes the following items:

3 new armor sets – Khitan Mercenary Armor (Light), Khitan Officer Armor (Medium) and Khitan Imperial Armor (Heavy). These armor sets are available from level 10, with an epic version at level 60 (requires epic tier materials to craft)11 new weapons with Khitai themed visuals. These will be available as iron tier and starmetal tier visuals and will have appropriate stats for those levels (and require level appropriate materials to craft)25 new placeables in Khitan style. These include new carpets, tables, braziers, lanterns, chairs, screens, drums etc.5 new decorative warpaints in Khitan style.A new set of Tier 3 building pieces in the Khitan style.

All of the above recipes will become accessible through the Khitan Artisan station, which is available after purchasing the DLC. As already mentioned this is a purely cosmetic DLC pack that won’t affect gameplay balance. You’re not buying power, just looks.

Hello all,

Here is an update on the public Fleetwood server that QT3 and Bay12 visit.

We have been up for 25 days, and in that time 64 players have visited and spent a total of 1,863 hours playing. 34 of those players have spent more than 10 hours on the server, and 21 players have spent more than 30 hours on the server.

Groups have independently created at least 3 public maps rooms that I am aware of. There is one by the far east Jungle Obelisk, one in the upper Highlands just across from the Snowy Bridge obelisk, and a third in the dark steppes across from the Mounds of the Dead. Are there more?

There are three public taverns open, located in the Desert under the Tower of the Bats, in the Highlands at the Godsclaw passage, and in the Jungle along the river north of Dagon’s Eye.

The Purge is advertised in the server banner as “x2” and in the last week the settings have finally stabilized. We are seeing one purge per large clan every 3 days, and they do twice as much building damage. I have noticed a few Thralls were killed, or a few small blocks broken, but I don’t know of any massive damage from a Purge.

The three clans from the core Fleetwood, QT3 and Bay12 clans have been the most active. Fleetwood had a clan event last night to raid the northwest barrows and 7 people attended, see the pic. 11 of our 12 members (across two clans) have played in the last day.

I have a personal “no spoiler” policy, I like to find things out in the game. I am still surprised by the things I see in the game world, or built by players, and I am scared to find out what this does!

Its natural for people to come and go, or drop off as they move away from Conan or away from this server. I plan to play for a while longer, I want to hit 60 and conquer the north. Let me know if I can make the server any better or more fun for you or your friends. :-)

(RP-PvP) Fleetwood - Bldg Dmg Off, x2 Purge, 4am EST Reboot
Address: 108.61.124.68:24000
40 Players, US West Coast
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/2269865

I’m struggling to get a reason to continue playing. The elusive “level 60” when things supposedly get interesting is too far off. I’m level 48.

I’ve just been doing a lot of grinding to get steel reinforcements. Tons of runs to get brimstone, get hides, tan them, way too much for one person. Our clan has pretty much disbanded, so it’s turning into a solo game for me.

Also the bugs in this game continue to drag me down. Trebuchets, fishtraps, wall sconces, thralls all disappear every day. Buildings seem to stay for some reason.

Trying to get thralls, it appears that I have to hang around b/c if I leave the vicinity of the wheel of pain, they quit “burning” and instead I come back 24 hours later with no progress, I have to restart it and half the food has spoiled (that is not gruel).

@Tman On the thralls, are you using the same type of food? If you put different food in, and the one that is “burning” runs out, it doesn’t automatically switch to the next type of food. Same with all the other stations that use fuel.

That’s about the level I quit playing solo. Joining the clan helped a lot, though I don’t think anyone is playing much now. I’m not entirely sure that level 60 is where things get interesting. As I wrote previously, I think the end game is missing progression. I had the most fun leveling up the first time, and then several of the outings with the clan was fun.

Ok, I have been mixing food. Probably why most use gruel. I just have so many left over cooked fish that I throw them in there.

I put that up the other day to see what it would do - i was very impressed by the effect, and at night it’s even better!

On armor, once you hit 50, give the zamorian thief armor a try. It’s more durable and more protection than standard light, allows you to climb forever, doesnt agro things as easily and loses agro more quickly, and looks really nice to boot!

On public map rooms, Tman built one just outside new asagarth, and there’s one in the jungle by the obelisk there.

On other things, you might want to rethink the decay…at 15 days, it seems a lot, but already i’ve noticed some strange things happening, like a bunch of folly’s thralls hanging out in midair with no structures…15 days is also just a little more than a two week vacation - it’d really be demoralizing for someone to go away on vacation and come back to find everything they own gone (i assume chests and their contents decay too). You might want to go to 30 days if you can…

Upgrading iron to steel is a pain…i find it far easier to just farm asagarth - a single run through will typically get me 150-200 steel, and its far quicker than mining, chopping, tanning, alchemizing and then forging…

Sorry Hellrazors, I killed a couple of your guards before I realized the cool building with the shiny lights was your fort. I put their gear in the set altar.

Is anyone still active on the QT3 server? I haven’t seen anyone on lately.

Im waiting on a patch or two to fix somethings personally.

I checked the weekend usage (for all players) on the public server and its been quite consistent. This weekend was about the same as last weekend:

5/19: 19 players / 92 hours
5/20: 21 players / 100 hours

5/26: 23 players / 96 hours
5/27: 26 players / 97 hours

6/02: 22 players / 89 hours
6/03: 20 players / 73 hours

6/09: 19 players / 87 hours
6/10: 21 players / 78 hours

So milspec, I keep having things disappear. Today, large chests in my base & the foundations I built to put them on are gone. Other chests are gone with large loot bags in their place. I’m missing about 20 stacks of 100 iron.

This game is buggy mess.

That’s pretty much a staple feature of the genre!

Sadly. :)

Sorry to hear that. Our clans have not had the same problems. We lost a few small things, outside of the base, and it’s usually been due to decay. Two thoughts, maybe too obvious:

Make sure all of those things are on foundations that are directly and evenly on foundations that attach to the main structure.

Double check all decay timers with a repair hammer.

If the foundations are not aligned, maybe you started from two opposite ends, then they count as two separate structures and one may have a short decay timer. It’s all about the repair Hammer.

Happy to look online if you went to give someone a tour. Sukesa and Kallas are often online and are good builders. I have noticed gaps in some of your structures, for example under the waterfalls you left a natural wall opening that was a very wide gap.

@milspec to bring this up again, i really think you need to relook at having decay on, or if you can adjust decay rate maybe just make it longer? I’ve noticed the tower guys and apes of wrath are all starting to lose stuff now…and some of it is pretty big. Your clan is pretty big, so even though you’re spead out, you might not find you’re losing anything because someone on your clan logged in and ran by. But if you’re in a 1 or 2 man clan, you just can’t get to all your bases, even if you’re logging in…and losing some of the higher end mats could just be a game breaker. If i logged in to find myself in the desert and my southern base just gone because of decay, i’d probably just go and find another game to play…

Decay is all on the default setting, same as official servers. For larger buildings it’s I think 1 week of no visits to decay flag, then another 1 week of no visits to be gone.

I saw the tower hamlets thrall wall in front of the barrows had decayed. I see lots of their stuff still up.

I will discuss. I understand the request. What do you suggest - doubling the timer?