Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Harvest is about 1.3 atm, i would go as high as 2 if folks want. Forgot to say its a 20slot server on a different host than last time, hopefully more stable/performance.

Yes I will run it through March at least, maybe further depending on what Funcom plans after December mounts patch.

Sounds great! Id love to hop on. Any rules you would like people to follow, others Than be nice to others?

No formal rules, few guidelines.

Keep it consensual pvp/no griefing.

Try to clean up/destroy your abandoned bases.

Don’t build/spawn block key npcs or things.

Nice- are you sure its up? Cant find the server via direct connect nor seaeching for Qt3

Should be, i was on it earlier. Can troubleshoot in about 20min, im in town on errands atm.

Steam server list right click by IP isnt seeing it?

Ah - did only try from ingame. Let me see if I can figure that out.

After initially adding it via steam it would show up in the in game browser favorites… for me anyway.

Cheers! That worked petfectly! 🙂

Well - I got started just to the east of the Sentinels on a small island there.

Built a small tower, met someone whom I took for a quick tour of my old iron trail and had fun!

tomorrow, when I have more time, I´ll probably leave out some starter kit for people, depending on how far along I get myself.

Going to try to get on, always wanted to try this MP

I’ll join in next week when I am back from leave. Started playing on an officla public, but got distracted by ESO.

I always had a pretty good time in this back on the last server we ran. I will have to look up the new changes that were put in and maybe re-install it and get back in.

Thanks for setting this up for us.

A few things…

• Night is almost instantious - Is that on purpose? I think it lasts all of 4 seconds. That invalidates a huge part of the gameplay in my opinion, as well as atmospherics. My tower looks GOOD at night in torchlight!
    Also - the sounds at night are great!
  • I didn’t see any purges oncoming? Are they disabled? If so, thats another large part of the gameplay that is missing.

All of the above is of course my opinion, but I really enjoy both those aspects of the game.

96% of server settings are (should be cause i didn’t change them) default at the moment including day/night and purge.

Most server setting can be viewed by hitting esc and going to the server tab and drilling through the options.

I haven’t had time to play myself yet to observe things but ill review settings again this evening.

Any tweak requests based on what you see let me know.

Night duration definitely sounds wrong.

Aye - Night seems a bit off. I mean, its your server, and I am just happy to join of course! But! I´d love for a bit of night. I´ll check it out, and check the settings, and let you know of any wishes I have and you can tell me if Im being outrageous :-D

Well night should be fixed if broken. I would think a 50/50 or 60/40 split ideal.

Edit:

A buddy timed it for me and he is seeing 25 min day, 3min night, dusk/dawn not timed. Looks like it adds up to a 30 minute cycle which is correct for current settings BUT night is way short for default settings.

Something is wrong, will look later. Probably take several tweaks and restarts to adjust it.

Wow! I had forgotten what a huge install this game was. Need a new HD or spend hours uninstalling stuff…

Ran around a bit tonight, also no idea what I am doing. Set up a small base, again on an island east of The Sentinels. Ventured north a bit but ran away when I encountered some horned horse things seemingly guarding some iron, and some skeletons my stone sword did not seem to do much damage to.

Found @lord_pall’s base under The Sentinels, but nobody was home.

I¨m having a great time - my GF joined up as well, and we started on our first base in the North. Which reminds me… GRRRRRR- WHO ARE THE EnginEERS?! They took my favorite spot in the north! I am NOT amused, and considered starting a war! ;-)

Oh - @sharaleo - Once I get to empty my base just east of the sentinels (Out in the middle of the river) there are a few chests there with things you can take. Just need to take along the last few defenders there so they don’t attack you.