Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

+1 for not a rectangle box house.

Hey! It’s got two rooms. TWO!

It’s been six months since I last played, and I see the old bugs are still there… Logging in, you sometimes lose your Journey steps. The corpse poofing bug is still there, but now it’s worse. Before, you could attack the ground near where you knew the corpse was and you could make it re-appear. Now when it poofs its really gone. And it happens all the time. Killing the Dafari camp at the western end of the Oasis and I’m lucky if I get half of the corpses.

And the lag, it’s so sooo bad. I have an ~84ms ping, but combat is a slide show of mobs warping everywhere. When fighting more than one enemy it seems to get worse and far more dangerous.

I’m really disappointed because I really love this game. I’m approaching nearly 400 hours and 0 of those are actual PvP.

I’m playing on abount 200-250ms and haven’t seen anything all that obnoxious, bug wise. Combat is relatively smooth, though I try to avoid engaging too many foes at once. I haven’t noticed anything I would describe as particularly buggy with regards to corpse behaviour, but I also havent attacked a camp, only mobs.

VM is in a Dallas Texas data center supposedly. Would hope ping is reasonable for US folks (can’t help over seas, sorry).

Why can’t you just enable negative latency in the server options like Google does!!! :D

Do wells still cease filling after server restarts? Do fish traps also stop working after some point in time?

I really liked the idea of this game and liked exploring various areas, but there was not that much to do. I would have loved if you could have befriended some factions and if they introduced a real magic system.

No, they fixed those a while back.

So I made a video to highlight the warping. The final hyena does it the worst.

Is there just a bunch of redundant crafting in this game? These are all craftable at the same point - access to iron, blacksmith forge. Aesthetics aside, why would I craft anything other than the studded mace?

They don’t all unlock at the same level.

Oh and that info is just missing form the wiki?

Correct.

Hmmm, rubber-banding has been terrible the last couple of nights. Enemies teleporting all over the place making combat a deadly affair. Does the server need a reboot?

They usually do, somewhat often.

Speaking of this - @kono1134 , I´ll drop off the server soon. I just want to log in, take a few pictures and dismantle my stuff. Sadly the ping is often 250 or more for me, giving me occasional lagspikes, which in this games leads to me hurling myself out over cliffs, and more often than not, into icy water or the fangs of monsters.

Its a shame, because I´d have loved to try some of the harder stuff with you guys!

If the server’s on a good host and your ping is good, maybe it’s a server setting? Dunno.

I’d join you guys in a heartbeat if I could be bothered to get my ass off the couch.

What region are you connecting from? Just curious.

I’ll punt it and open a ticket. If its turning sour for everyone ill dump it entirely.

No excuse for a 250ms in Dallas Texas for anyone in the US.

Edit:
if anyone knows a good hosting company I am all ears. So far survival servers and server blend (current) have been laggy.

Sharaleo what region are you connecting from?

Attempting to gather enough info if its worth switching hosts.

Edit: g-portal has good reviews (official hoster) might try them in tandem for science.

GameServers.com hosted a 30 player server for me at launch, with often 20+ people on at a time. No rubber banding. Stable. Recommended.