Conquest of Elysium 5: more planes and boats!

Until we get a new historian with a different perspective to write the animals’ descriptions, their terror rule won’t end.

Someone has compiled the tidbits of info of the new game

Scourge Lord: Uses lifeforce as a resource, partly inspired by the Dark Sun setting of D&D.

Aw, hell yes.

The release date is August 17.

Excited!

Me too! I hope some streamers get it early.

It probably won’t look that different from CoE4.

Fixed.

I think the graphics changed in CoE 3

I never let the facts get in the way of a mediocre attempt at humor.

Some info from the Dominions discord channel, about new features:

1. Battle-map reworked, there’s now basically everything being destructible
  2. Three new classes, one of which is an entirely new mechanic (Life Force for the Scourge Lord)
  3. There are four new Planes, Celestial, Sky, Aztlan and The Primal, with Celestial and Primal having their own invasion events.
  4. Inferno got reworked a bit, so did Agartha.
  5. Overrun mechanic**

QoL stuff like repeating recruitment.

I would say, more generally, the CoE5 puts significantly greater emphasis on the exploration aspects of CoE4. Not only are the planes reworked, but they’re much easier to reach, with more methods of moving between them. Boats let you reach other islands, or sail out into the void. Magic items are more numerous. Places and terrains are more diverse and distinct.

**:
It’s a bit complicated, but it basically means a large army can just automatically kill an angry rabbit by moving on top of it.
As if though it was a non-combatant.
Without having to fight a battle.
It requires 1. 10 times the enemy in hp 2. The enemy is not a commander 3. The enemy is no more than 6 hp

I’m checking CoE4 right now and a wolf has 4 hp, a snake 2 hp, a goblin 3 hp, a human soldier 5-6 hp. So that means improving the pace of the game by not having visible battles for cleaning up critters like these, or being able to kill several in one turn.

What about a deer? :)

More than that :) They are giant, violent deers! The take delight in human blood!

Well, I assume now they can overrun you and deal even more damage.

2 hours… dangerously close to my bed time.

It’s out with a 15% launch discount! Huzzah!

I will wait for the reviews. I bounced so hard off of CoE 2, 3 and 4 that I can’t believe I won’t bounce just as hard off of 5.

In case this hasn’t already been linked to in this thread:

Conquest of Elysium 5, changes from previous version

The CoE games have been pretty unfailingly iterative, so honestly that seems like a pretty fair assumption on your part.

I’m probably going to get it tonight; my wife and I have enjoyed 3 and 4 together, so I imagine that 5 will be worth it for us as well.

I just know I’m going to get laughed at for losing towns to snakes, though.